Okay, I'm aiming for under 200$ and I need the best bass possible. I'd prefer if it had a pickguard, but if it doesn't that's ok. It would also be nice if you had pictures, specs, anything possible to help me on my decision. I could also use a bass amp so post one here to with pictures, specs, etc. If you could find a Guitar and Bass amp built to gether, post that here.
"No man ever won a war by dying for his country, he did so by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."
Like three threads on this page talking about basses to buy. Look down and around this thread and you'll find what your looking for.
ibanez gsr 200. try and get a 2nd hand one, dont bash 2nd hand
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
You might also look into a used instrument...I paid around 200 for my Epiphone EB-0 (Definately not the best budget bass, but it looks nice and doesn't sound horrible), but I didn't both shopping around, I just saw the SG style body and impulse bought it...I know a few people who found really nice instruments for very, very low prices in pawn shops and such, one of which was an old Fender Jazz for 100 because the neck was warped...he removed the frets, sanded down the neck, and coated it with epoxy(Or something like that) and he had a fretless fender Jazz that sounded brand new. Pawn shops are a great place to look...you can get string basses(Usually a new one runs in the thousands) for 200-300...ebay occasionally has some good deals as well, but personally, I'm not a big fan of the auction thing.
it may not be a popular choice, but i personally like the tone and feel of the Squier MB. it's their to end bass (not saying much for that company) and it's great for beginners. you might have to shell out an extra hundred bucks above what you're looking to spend, but it'll be very worth it. i played it for my first 2 years, and never regretted it once.
Quote by milla da killa
Okay, I'm aiming for under 200$ and I need the best bass possible. I'd prefer if it had a pickguard, but if it doesn't that's ok. It would also be nice if you had pictures, specs, anything possible to help me on my decision. I could also use a bass amp so post one here to with pictures, specs, etc. If you could find a Guitar and Bass amp built to gether, post that here.

Have you bothered to even check sites like this one, this one, or this one ?

All those sites have pics and specs. I know I sound like a douche, but seriously, why don't people do some research before making 20 threads about this?

Anyways, if you're just starting, pretty much any "starter pack" will do for the time being. Ibanez and Squier are the more reputable ones.

Also, "together" is one word.
Quote by milla da killa

Do you want fries with that?

Perhaps i'll just come round and play it for you too, yeah?

We need to seriously put a stop to these stupid threads. Five a day "What bass can i get", "Hi, i'm new to bass, what can i get with a dollar".

CALLING ALL MODS..............