I have come across an alternative to the original and licensed "floyd rose", the EDGE pro (manufactured by Ibanez) correct me if I am wrong.

I am wondering if anyone has ever tried the EDGE PRO tremolo bar.
I have tried niether of them, can someone share some insight on their advantages and disadvantages?
Edge Pros are better than FR's... and they're still copies as far as I know.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Its not a tremelo bar, the tremelo bar is the bar you push down/pull up, it has nothing to do with the unit (other than you need it to make it work)...anyway, i have heard that the Edge Pro match or is better than an OFR, but i havent tested out for myself
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

well the edge its a pretty good locking tremolo that is what joe satriani and steve vai have in their guitars and they are constanttly using it....but be awre of the edge 2 and edge3 wich are lower qualit....in the other hand folyd roses are pretty much used by every one but make sure you get the original floyd not the licensed ones
are you buying this trem to retrofit a guitar you currently have?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've got an Edge pro in my Ibanez. I don't use it any more(I blocked it off) but when I did I liked it better than the Floyd on my Jackson.
This Is The Art Of Ruin
Ruin

Quote by Bubonic Chronic
I play because the secret reptilian, alien empire requires it of me. I guess you could say it's "protocol."

Quote by Dirk Gently
icksnay on the ecretsay eptiliansray
Ive got a Floyd and its such a bitch when changing strings and making sure that you keep the right gauge strings or else the tension in the springs gets ****ed.
Id take the EdgePro, Plus their overall better lol.
thanks for the replies

so out of the "original Floyd rose" "licensed Floyd" "edge 1" "edge 2" "edge 3" "edge pro" "Kahler "
which one holds the note the best with being the least out of tune after serious abuse???
Kahler....... seriously

Floyd Rose Originals rocks man......... They're the pioneers @@
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Oh well........ personal taste

Keep the faith, baby!!
Quote by chineerat
thanks for the replies

so out of the "original Floyd rose" "licensed Floyd" "edge 1" "edge 2" "edge 3" "edge pro" "Kahler "
which one holds the note the best with being the least out of tune after serious abuse???

either the floyd rose, edge 1 (called the edge) or kahler.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Choosing an Edge Pro over an Original Floyd Rose is prefrence. The Edge Pro has lower profile and has different feel rather than the OFR. The arm feel is different, as the EP has easy access pop-in arm while the OFR has screw in collar. Arm's shape is different, the EP has straigther arm than the OFR.

And if you ask me, which holds tuning with best sustain, i'd say the old Edge/Lo-Pro Edge since it has the locking stud mod. You can also put a locking stud mod onto an Edge Pro. All those have brass trem block to provide good sustain so you dont have to worry about it.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
What about Kahlers ??

Keep the faith, baby!!
I'm looking to put a new trem in my RG, was thinking about getting a FR, emailed them and... they are pretty expensive. The new Pro's go for about $200. Anyone know where I can get some specs. on fitting for Ibanez trems, I think I'm going to check out the Ibanez Edge or Edge Pro.
Quote by bluespunkmetal
What about Kahlers ??

Kahlers also have different feel than a Floyd Rose system
Quote by Guitarmiester
I'm looking to put a new trem in my RG, was thinking about getting a FR, emailed them and... they are pretty expensive. The new Pro's go for about $200. Anyone know where I can get some specs. on fitting for Ibanez trems, I think I'm going to check out the Ibanez Edge or Edge Pro.

Which RG do you have?
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
as far as i know... playing drop d is near impossible with the ibanez edge... i have a floyd rose, and i kinda hate it... but it works good... its just a pain in the ass...
There are only three things in life that you can count on...
Death
Taxes
METAL

Jericho Fusion quilted maple-BKP painkiller
LTD Stephen Carpenter SC-207 -EMG 707s
Schecter Omen 6 - SD invader
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
The original Edge, Edge Pro, Edge Lo Pro, Original Floyd Rose, Floyd Rose Pro, and Kahler Flyers are all good trems. I've owned each of them. They all use hardened steel, and they are built like tanks. I have an original Edge from the 80's, and it still hold perfect tuning. The Kahler is also from the 80s, and works like new. The original Edge had locking studs, and the Edge Pro and Lo Pro I think both have SS inserts in the saddles, and the OFR and FR Pro felt the heaviest to me oustide the guitars. They also seem to have stronger springs IMO, both seemed to be a little stiffer than any of my Edge or Edge Pro trems. Those are the only pros I can think of over the others, it's all preference really.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Would an Edge just drop into the place of a Liscenced Floyd Rose? Also were exactly can you get an Edge or do you just have to have one already.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
not necessarily, they probably have different dimensions, so the routing will be different. You would have to measure it out. You can get them used on eBay, and I know http://www.ibanezrules.com/ sells new parts. I've bought stuff from Rich before, it's pricey, but he sells quality stuff. Also consider the OFR as a replacement if the dimensions don't fit an edge.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
So what I get from this thread is that the Edge has just a little bit better sustain than the Floyd Rose, but its not really any better and it all comes down to preference, is that right?

Also I heard the ZR is better than any of these because it doesn't have knife edges holding it in and other crap, so is it?
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Last edited by FFFDFEFRFKFFF at Oct 1, 2006,
Quote by FFFDFEFRFKFFF
So what I get from this thread is that the Edge has just a little bit better sustain than the Floyd Rose, but its not really any better and it all comes down to preference, is that right?

Also I heard the ZR is better than any of these because it doesn't have knife edges holding it in and other crap, so is it?

You cant really say that the Edge or the OFR is better in terms of sustain. They're well built and uses brass trem block/brass plate which is good for sustain.

And about the ZR, still, its not better, its preference, the feel is different from those who has knife edge.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic