hey all, im in a hardcore band, as i lay dying, the banner, an whatnot... (ive been playing alot of as i lay dying mostly if that helps..) an anyways i was looking for something with high output, perferably active pickups, a floyd bridge, and 24 frets if possible, but not necessary, the budget is like $550 USD tops

thanks <3
RG321MH, then change the pickups.

And please, don't write this "<3" unless you're a chick. Just my 2 cents.

EDIT: what amp do you currently have?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
id try to save some extra and get a schecter c-1 hellraiser
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
^Yeah, but the threadstarter doesn't have enough cash...
And their Les Pauls are Baritones.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
yeah some people arent rich, just to let ya know =[ maybe one of those uniform profile les paul knock-offs from rondomusic? and i am a chick... so <3!!!!

heres an "HxC" guitar
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
oh that one was below the belt =[ metophorically speaking of course.. lol, yeah so theres no helpfull people here anymore? sad
Quote by ScottishAngus

heres an "HxC" guitar

Where's the wrist?

EDIT1: hey what about me?!

EDIT2: what amp do you currently have? (praying for her not to say Spyder or MG)
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Sep 26, 2006,
actually i play thru an ancient gibson falcon lol (not a re-iusse, if they even make any...) got it off my friends dad for cheap =\ hes got so many old amps..

EDIT: just cuz im a girl that plays HxC music doesn't mean i don't know what tone is! meanies..
Last edited by HxCori<3 at Sep 26, 2006,
if you have ever heard of fernandes... thye are amazing guitars for really cheap and they dont have crap bridges. they have tons of used ones at the GC by my house . also try jackson. there is a dinky for 600 or so that i played a while ago and it played pretty nice and had a set of EMGs.
Quote by aznrockerdude
^Yeah, but the threadstarter doesn't have enough cash...
And their Les Pauls are Baritones.

Nope, Cherry Red Gibson Les Paul Standard with EMG 85's..yup, no 81's, just 85's...i think an Epiphone Les Paul Standard with a pickup change would be good, since As I Lay Dying uses Les Pauls.
i got an ibanez sz 320 it sounds fantastic for as i lay dying
Whos space?

Counter strike source = ddextromethorphan

add me
well it may be a passing trend but im not the kinda person that likes this cuz its a trend, i liked this kinda stuff before it was trendy an i will when its not trendy anymore.. and thanks alot i think i might go with a rondo les paul an pup upgrade
the ibanez sz520fm or qm (or the sz320, same guitar but without the fancy inlays and quilt or flame top) would pretty much suit your needs. maybe a pickup upgrade later on..

i own a sz520fm and it's a really nice guitar and has a great sound to it for "POST-hc" music.
Quote by joel_grieve
dude. you're drunk and queer. bad combination.

My gear:
Ibanez SZ520fm
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS1 (soon to be modded i think)

Bass stuff:
Cort G34
Peavey 112 basic
Quote by HxCori<3
well it may be a passing trend but im not the kinda person that likes this cuz its a trend, i liked this kinda stuff before it was trendy an i will when its not trendy anymore..

Me too! =D
Quote by Gymmeh
Me too! =D

awesome =D yeah an i never said as i lay dying was hardcore too.. i just said thats the kinda stuff ive been playing, and while were talking about hardcoreness i like poking fun at the whole HxC thing, like today i went to a soda machine at school knowing i didnt have enough money, had a quater or two in the ol' pocket, an anyways i pull it out an go "damn i dont have enough" an turn to my friend an say "i wonder if this thing takes scene cred" from the 'your not hardcore' videos.. lol, thanks ill look into the SZ series and also what kinda p'ups should i upgrade too, i was looking at invaders but those seem to be kinda love/hate, and i was thinkin since there kinda bright the mahogany body should kinda balance that out.. all suggestions are welcome, and thanks to all the people that have been helpfull so far... damn i said alot...

<3
Mmm, well i'm not reallly the one to recc guitars :P. Well...if your limit is 550, I would go save up!

I was thinking of suggesting the ec-1000 or the mh. The active pick ups are killer. Personally, I have it and it screams, the 81's and 60's do what they're rumored to do...BE HXC! Hope you find your choice of guitar, keep reseaching.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
did you get my email?
Quote by drevil814
Be a man and tell her off. If that doesn't work, a roundhouse kick to the face will.

Quote by flesh fries
im not racist....ive got a color tv
The new livewires > emg's.
Quote by drevil814
Be a man and tell her off. If that doesn't work, a roundhouse kick to the face will.

Quote by flesh fries
im not racist....ive got a color tv
Quote by ScreamingCheeto
As I Lay Dying is NOT hxc. i hate hxc and i know that. all these so called "hardcore" bands these days are POST- hardcore. hardcore was in the 80's. it's pretty much gone now, except for a few bands. i hate it all and this as i lay dying and norma jean stuff is just a passing trend.

As i Lay Dying is not Post-Hardcore, they are Metalcore. Get your genres right. Also, Norma Jean have dubbed themselves noisecore.