[Don't Say this should be in the Amp Q&A thred, 1. that thread does not outline speakers, only amplification, 2. this isn't a 'which amp question' 3. i posted in there before and no one answered my questions!]

I own a tube Music Man amp, and I am considering that instead of buying a cabinet, just making the cabinet with which ever speakers i buy. The issue is that, i have know F@%&ing clue which speakers to buy. I know how many watts and Ohms i need it to be, it's just there are so many different kinds out there.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the differneces between the two big brands Celestion and Eminnence and like what they sound good for and who uses what? Also, I was wondering the difference's in sound between 10's and 12's. I was thinking of getting 2 12's but somebody told me they don't think they sound right and that 2 10's is better.

Thanks in advance.
Well 12" speakers are the most common size of speaker for the guitar. 10"s would clean things up a bit as far as a tighter midrange, but would lack the bass response of a 12" speaker, IMO.

Eminence speakers, especially their newer stuff, are actually really nice. A lot of Orange cabs are loaded with them. On musiciansfriend.com they list all their speakers and what they sound best for, same with Celestion.

Exactly what kind of sound are you going for? Lots mids? Lots of highs? Lots of low end? etc..
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Well 12" speakers are the most common size of speaker for the guitar. 10"s would clean things up a bit as far as a tighter midrange, but would lack the bass response of a 12" speaker, IMO.

Eminence speakers, especially their newer stuff, are actually really nice. A lot of Orange cabs are loaded with them. On musiciansfriend.com they list all their speakers and what they sound best for, same with Celestion.

Exactly what kind of sound are you going for? Lots mids? Lots of highs? Lots of low end? etc..

THANKS A LOT, for taking the time to respond to my question. I'm not sure exactly what sound i'm looking for but I play everything from led zeppelin to limp bizcut. And, if this helps Blindside is probably my favorite band. Nice profile pic.
Eminence........

Hey, what eminences are in hte Soldano SLO 4x12 cabs ??
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Well...... okay

Keep the faith, baby!!
^me toi !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Anybody know of eminence speakers that are close to celestion Vintage 30 and G12H?

Also I dont even see a difference between the two on the celestion site anyway... lol anybody know?
Blinde side rules.. and I suggest The Emminence Brittish/american series (the Blue tick hound or red coat etc.)
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
Quote by SGKIDD
Blinde side rules.. and I suggest The Emminence Brittish/american series (the Blue tick hound or red coat etc.)

What is the difference between blue tick and red coat?, emminence isn't very clear about that on their website.
eminence governor and black powder were the ones i wanted to put on my cab, but that project is on standby now....

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
What bout the Man-o-War ??

Keep the faith, baby!!
The American/British speakers are only slightly different but the main idea is the voicing of the speakers are differrent. ie the blue tick is like a middy airy speakers while the red coat is simmilar to a vintage 30... sort of... best i can do with out suggesting going to a place where you can test each speaker on the same amp and same guitar etc...
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
The Eminence Governor is the sopy of the Celestion V30. Some praise it as a V30 without the harshness, and say they are much much better.

I have not tried the eminences, but am very very happy with my V30s.

Anyone tried the G12H's? Any comparison?
what about the Eminence Legend ?

Keep the faith, baby!!