my hardcore band has 2 singers, like 2 people desiganted to sing. any thoughts on that? the only thing that bother me about it is the image.
I Return to Serenity

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."
- Aldous Huxley
It's not bad but it can be kind of akward to watch if one guy is just standing around doing nothing half the time.
dude...u have 2 frontmen...most bands have trouble finding one...wtf
check out my horse. my horse is amazing.
Honestly, I dont like the idea, because ego's could rise up, and I hate people with giant egos.
i think its a terrible idea, give one an instrument or failing that give them both some simple percusion or something to keep them occupied while they arent singing...and write them an even amount of lines.

on the plus side it could make your stage presences go through the roof
Yea I think you guys would have awesome stage presence, but I think that one guy would be sitting around most of the time and egos would clash.
Megan Fox nude!

Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE
ego shmeegos, i know a few bands around the minnesota scene that have two singers, and they freaking blow the roof! One of those bands is very close to us, and they always put on an amazing show, cause they know how to work the crowds and get people moving. Like when one is screaming or something, the other one will jump in the crowd and start moshing or something crazy ****. 2 singers = double fun.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
2 vocalist is great for the sound! I know a band that had 3 singers, that's cool.
One of them could to low screams and the other one could to high ones. Then let them mix alot.
Yahyah
Cool idea, don't worry about the image. It's your band, why care what other's think?

Just write sweet harmonies and crap in to your music.
Resident Melbournian of the AUSTRALIA FTW! Club. PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join. Australians only.
wow, this actually helped alot. Yea i didnt think about our stage presence at all. We do pretty well instrumentally so i think well be fine, thanks
I Return to Serenity

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."
- Aldous Huxley
the guitarist and i in my band, Committed to apathy, trade singing roles on some stuff and there's nothing wrong with that. i say two singers is good. unless your emo (or close to it) cause a band like that opened for us and it was just terrible. no one was musically talented and it was just band. plus the were obnoxious but that;s off topic. short answer "DO IT" it's cool to do wierd stuff
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
My band's going to have at least two vocals, male and female. Definitely a good idea, the more variety you can have in your music, the better. Go for it.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
I think its a cool idea, but you while one of them is singing, you might want to find the other one something to do, or it'll look awkward.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
Quote by claptonfan55
I think its a cool idea, but you while one of them is singing, you might want to find the other one something to do, or it'll look awkward.

agreed have them jump around like crazy idiots it'll be cool
That's like the Blood Brothers.

In other words, keep doing what you're doing, having two singers can't hurt unless one sucks, in which case, you can easily become a monovocalist group.
Quote by myvaliantleap
Have you ever heard of The Hurt Process? They have two vocalists and they are a national band.

I genuinely don't know anyone other than me who's heard of The Hurt Process, until you said that. I am impressed.

First singer: Place your hands on the table...
Second singer: THE TA-BLE!

On topic: Linkin Park. No more need be said - take it as encouragement or discouragement depending on your opinion of the band, but they have two vocalists and are internationally successful.

And their new song is wicked.
www.myspace.com/stcircusthemighty

Check it out. If you like what you hear, friend me.

Quote by Rikifield
Nice acoustic man! And your voice is melting with the acoustic sound...
If their both singing together most of the time, harmonized, it will work. Then have they switch off parts sometimes.

Dispatch had 3 lead singers, Thing is they all played instruments, and switched instruments alot.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Depends how you pull it off. Metal, it won't work, but something more light and "intellectual", so to speak, it could well work. I do it in my band, and it worked like hell for the Libertines didn't it! Th 2 leads really do need to be really close though, for it to look amazing.
Quote by Yahz0r
2 vocalist is great for the sound! I know a band that had 3 singers, that's cool.
One of them could to low screams and the other one could to high ones. Then let them mix alot.

3 part scream harmony? lol
Quote by Lemmon
3 part scream harmony? lol

ugh that must sound awful.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

if neither of the frontmen can play guitar, and you are worried about the image, just give one a guitar so he doesnt look stupid, and keep the volume off.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
if neither of the frontmen can play guitar, and you are worried about the image, just give one a guitar so he doesnt look stupid, and keep the volume off.

no.
i have heard of the hurt process, i actually have one of their sampler disc from when they got signed to victory like 2 years ago
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
Well, it depends on the sort of people they are. if they're nice people that don't have egos the size of John Howard's eyebrows, and they'll be happy to stand there and just listen to the music while the other one sings, and be fine saying 'your voice is better for this bit, you do it', it's a good thing. If they're arseholes, there'll be a rivalry between them, both trying to be lead singer and it won't work out. If one's an arsehole and one isn't, the arsehole will become the lead singer and the other one will become the lead head-nodder.

So, it basically depends on the singers.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
having two frontmen is like having two dicks and no bitch =/
Quote by Mad Marius
Because there's no point in being on the Internet of you're not gonna act like an arrogant prick.
Thats sounds pretty sick dude but yeah lidke previouslty mentioned it would suck if only 1 guy got to sing a certain song.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
I think its a good idea, but theyre singing has to differ, one scream, one sing, somehting like that.

Also, Listen to some Mushroomhead
My last band was like that, it was alright i guess. The Deeper voice gave the higher voice some punch , sound wise.
FlickR
iBanez Rg550 20th Anniversary.
iBanez GRG170DX W/ Dimarzio Steve's Special
VTM 60 Tube Head
Carvin Legacy Vai Cabinet 4x12 Cabinet
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah
I'm always stealing singing roles, and my voice sucks. I think at one point i was in a band where i was singing more than the vocalist. I've always wanted to be a singer, but i dont want to give up my instrument. And i don't like the idea of fronting a band with an instrument in hand.
Quote by TylerIncrysis
I'm always stealing singing roles, and my voice sucks. I think at one point i was in a band where i was singing more than the vocalist. I've always wanted to be a singer, but i dont want to give up my instrument. And i don't like the idea of fronting a band with an instrument in hand.

Why not? Metallica does it, steve vai does it sometimes,Trivium does it.
FlickR
iBanez Rg550 20th Anniversary.
iBanez GRG170DX W/ Dimarzio Steve's Special
VTM 60 Tube Head
Carvin Legacy Vai Cabinet 4x12 Cabinet
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah
Quote by feltgrape
ugh that must sound awful.

Theres a small chance it could sound good, but yeah, I agree.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!