could u tell me more about orange amps. i know theyre from the uk. but other than that i dont know much. i heard the cabs were good so i might get one. but could u tell me more about their heads and stuff. are they good for distortion for like an underoath sound or not? if not, do u think a mesa rectifier or a marshall jcm 2000 head would help. if so, would a triple or dual channel be better? so a triple or double rectifier or a DSL or TSL 2000?
idk about underoath but ive heard they are extremely good for a vintage sound (the orange)
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Orange amplifiers are more for a classic rock, overdriven sound. I know there are a few hardcore bands that use them though.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Funny enough, one of the guys from Underoath actually uses Orange. The AD140 to be exact. Orange is unmatched IMO for classic rock and some of the models, namely the Rockerverb series, can also reach up and get a good high-gain sound. The cabinets are damn heavy and damn expensive but also some of the finest quality on the market. Also they are almost always closed-back. A 4x12 will cost you almost $1000 (US). The Rockeverbs and some of the AD models have 2-channels. Rockers are 1 clean, 1 dirty but the AD TC (Twin Channel, what Underoath uses) is two completely seperate channels. One can be clean and one dirty, or one can be rhythm overdrive and one can be a lead boost. Customer service is pretty good too, I've called and spoken to people at the Orange U.S. HQ in Atlanta a few times and they've always been extremely helpful.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Oranges can do about anything. It can really do great with what you wanna do. Many big name hardcore bands (The Fall of Troy, Botch, UnderOATH, Converge and Poison the Well, just to name a few) are well known for using Orange amps. The Rockerverb series is a lot like a beefed up Marshall Plexi or JCM800 (I never really could decide. It can do both really well). The AD series is voiced a little darker than the Rocker/Rockerverb series due to a tube rectifier. The Rocker 30 is a neat little amp (Poison the Well uses them I think) that can give you plenty of gain. My only problem with it is the lack of an EQ on the cleans. I think it shares an EQ with the dirty channel, though.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Quote by DBS_KICKS_ASS
what model does botch use?

I dunno, but I wanna say I've seen a picture of Dave using one before. Possibly an AD series model?
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)