Yah so I'm a pretty big smashing pumpkins fan and I have been interested in these for a long time. Does anyone have experience with these? What are all the color names for? Any help appreciated
I think the colours will give you different sounds, I've heard the gold ones are great for clean sounds and country sounds whereas silver is good for all around sounds.
I've got some Hot Gold Laces...as far as I can tell, they're good for everything. Really outstanding pickups. I'm selling them though, as I need the cash.
Wanna buy them!?
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Why do you need cash ??
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
I heard Billy corgan slapped in a red for his bridge position and yes I've heard the golds are amazing for cleans which is interesting me very very much.

Also where can you get a good selection? There aren't all the ones I've heard of on musiciansfriend or even fender.com. I mean like duallys and hot versions
Quote by musiclover2399
I heard Billy corgan slapped in a red for his bridge position and yes I've heard the golds are amazing for cleans which is interesting me very very much.

Also where can you get a good selection? There aren't all the ones I've heard of on musiciansfriend or even fender.com. I mean like duallys and hot versions

www.warmoth.com carries a complete selection

And I think Billy Corgan used a Red-Blue-Silver combo
Hi, I'm Peter
Yeah, I had a couple of golds in my last strat. Killer Stratty tone on the mid & neck. I had a carvin twin-blade in the bridge. Rockin' guitar. Really sweet cleans. I stopped playing it though, so I parted it out & held on to one of them for a future project.
Washburn Dime 333, Ibanez RG7620, LTD MH250NT w/ EMG 89x's
Modded Boss Metal Zone, Boss CE-5, DD-3, Intellifex
Jet City JCA2112RC, ADA MP-1 Preamp,
GK 400RB Bass head
Marshall and Ampeg 4x12 cabs