OK, don't flame me for it, but I'm picking up either a Squier Standard or an Affinity Tele and I'm gonna have some fun modding it .

I will probably want to replace the pickups and I need some advice, so here's what I want.

I play lots of rock (alternative, southern, a bit of punk) and some blues, so I want a neck pickup with a nice overall sound for chord playing. Nice with some distortion or crunch, and pretty good clean as well. On the bridge, I want something I can turn on just for soloes. I want something that'll really scream for my rock soloes, but also work for a nice crunchy blues solo.

Any suggestions?
CL
Gruntled is a word
Do you want single coils or humbuckers?
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
the pups on my tele are pretty sweet i think the bridge would be ideal for what you want the neck might be a little weak though. they are seymour duncan alnico 2 pro, they say moderate output but thats just the neck the bridge is hotter than my lp
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by latinosuperstud
if i buy a les paul studio and walk out into public a man in a clown and/or gorilla suit named tyrese, will come attack me and/or rape me
Wayward_Son: I don't care if they are single coils or humbuckers. I can pick up a tele with either in them.

spiritinthesky9: Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into those.

I was thinking of getting a Fat Tele and putting a Gibson '57 Classic in the neck and then something else in the bridge. A single coil of some sort obviously.

CL
Gruntled is a word
Last edited by CortLegacy at Sep 26, 2006,
I have a set of 52's in my Mexican Tele, the brige is absolutely beautifil for chords and the bridge gives you the true Tele twang.

I use a 4-way mod switch and the 4th position is great for leads, or just overdriving your amp.

They're fairly cheap too, you can get a set for what you'd pay for a single SD pup
Guitars
MIM Fender Telecaster
Art & Lutherie Cedar
1969 EKO Ranchero
G&L Tribute L2500

Amps
Traynor YCV40WR
Yorkville BM400H
Peavey TVX 4x10

Effects
Behringer DSP1000
Dunlop GCB95 Wah