Tonight I was going to play guitar and I turned on my amp, but noticed that it wasn't functioning. No guitar, and no backround hum. My speaker connection is fine becuase I tried my cab with my crappy Crate and it worked. The tubes aren't glowing at all, but the power light is on.
So are my tubes shot? (Which is fine. I need an excuse to upgrade them) Or is there a worse problem?

EDIT: The amp is a Epiphone Valve Junior Head
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Last edited by Wayward_Son at Sep 26, 2006,
uh oh...sounds like a more serious problem. If NONE of your output tubes are glowing then I would say there was a bigger problem. Time to take it to a tech.
Well its only 1 output tube, class A. And if there really is a problem, I'll probably just get a new one. I don't think there's anyone around here that could fix it, and if there is, it would probably cost more than just getting a new amp.
Would you do it?

Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Well I replaced the fuse, no change.
Would you do it?

Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Well I'm probably going to get some new tubes as a last act of desparation, so even it the tranny is dead, I'll have some nice tubes to put in the new one. But like I said, paying $100+ to service a $100 dollar amp doesn't make sense, so I'll probably just get a new one, or live with the Crate for awhile.
Would you do it?

Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
UPDATE: From help from a fellow at the valvejunior.com fourms, I figured out that it was one of the fuses coming off of the power transformer. I'll need to get the right fuse tomorrow from Radio Shack. I used the spare fuse for the power connector in the mean time. Thanks to everyone who helped.
Would you do it?

Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?