how do i change the key of a song and still have that chords progression in it or however id say it. like if i wanted to change say what i got. d to g all the song. how would i change that to the key of a. or something like free fallin key of a to the key of g. anyone know what im talking about
Whos space?

Counter strike source = ddextromethorphan

add me
even though you asked so eloquently, no I don't understand.

Sorry. But seriously, changing keys is actually pretty easy and will only get easier the more you do it and the more you learn about theory. If you are doing a D to G progression, just going to an A from the G chord should sound just fine. For starters you'll probably want to learn by changing to keys that have most of the notes of the previous key. Example: shift from D major to B minor or G major.

This may not all make sense to you, but just mess around and decide on what you think sounds good and it will all fall into place eventually.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
It's fairly simple.

Write out letters A-G twice in a row to represent your chords. Then map the current progression. For example, a I IV V progression in the key of A.

A B C D E F G A B C D E F G

Here, A = I (1st chord), D = IV (4th) and E = V (5th).

Say you want to change it to the key of D. Shift the entire progression forward so that the first chord is D:

Now, D = I (1st chord), G = IV (4th) and A = V (5th). So, the original progression (I IV V) is preserved, but you are now in the key of D. Basically, you just need to remember the relationship between the chords in a progression and then shift it along the scale.

Of course, not all progressions are I IV V, but the concept is still the same.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

Quote by Armored Artist
It's fairly simple.

Write out letters A-G twice in a row to represent your chords. Then map the current progression. For example, a I IV V progression in the key of A.

Here, A = I (1st chord), D = IV (4th) and E = V (5th).

Say you want to change it to the key of D. Shift the entire progression forward so that the first chord is D:

Now, D = I (1st chord), G = IV (4th) and A = V (5th). So, the original progression (I IV V) is preserved, but you are now in the key of D. Basically, you just need to remember the relationship between the chords in a progression and then shift it along the scale.

Of course, not all progressions are I IV V, but the concept is still the same.

Good example.

It's called transposing. I do that a lot just to make it interesting. Good exercises too.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
A prime example of how to achieve the knowledge even quicker above ^^
I have learned to transpose without any theory, but it took longer than it should have. After you've played for a while, you'll get the feel of it either method you go with.