Hey, I'm looking for a good wah pedal for the money. I play classic rock, metal, hard rock, and a bit of blues, lots of Satriani stuff if that helps. I've pretty much narrowed it down to the Vox V847 and the Ibanez Weeping Demon, which would be better for my playing style?
Dude, Vox, man. Vox.
Official Mascot of The Fender Armada!
Two Four Six Eight, Who Do We Appreciate? Yay Fender Woooo!!

Epiphone G-400 Custom - Fitted with a Original Bigsby B5
Fender 65 Twin Reverb
Fulltone OCD
Vox V847 Wah
Rotovibe
Boss Flanger
MXR Phase 90
No question get the vox, though the dunlop 535q and crybaby from hell are worth a look also
I've been considering the Weeping Demon for a long time now, much thanks to its ability to tweak it, but it doesn't seem all that popular around here. I'd like to be able to control my volume though (or, at least, have a wah that doesnt drop as much in volume as the Dunlop standard wah I once had did), and the mode where you activate it just by pressing the pedal down, without having to touch a button in the front with the toetip or anything , is also very tempting. I know some Morleys have this function aswell, how are their volume output? And does Vox have anything similar?

Oh, noticed now that there are several Morley Wahs with level controls. Any recommendations? I'm afraid I won't be able to try one out at any music store nearby, Morley just isn't that well represented in Sweden.

Power Wah Volume seems nice since I've considered a volume pedal aswell for some time now. Do you simply switch between wah-mode/volume-mode with a switch in the side or something?
And are the Power Wahs in general switchless as well?
Last edited by maxter0 at Sep 27, 2006,
vox man!! i have one and its great! great buy!
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Vox Vox Vox.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Get the Vox, I have a weeping demon and it blows. I don't know why people say you can tweak it so much I guess you can make it sound like crap in a lot of different ways.
This Is The Art Of Ruin
Ruin

Quote by Bubonic Chronic
I play because the secret reptilian, alien empire requires it of me. I guess you could say it's "protocol."

Quote by Dirk Gently
icksnay on the ecretsay eptiliansray
^Haha
Don't be afraid to care"

One thing, when I posted a similar wah thread (for rock,hard rock and metal) nobody recommended the vox for that did they? So what I'm saying is, why is everyone saying get the Vox, when it's not good for metal and rock?
Behringerv-tone(first guitar)
Epiphone les paul standard plus (cherry burst)
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

I like Epi LP's. You got a problem, PM me!
Weeping Demon.
My SICK rig!:

-Ibanez GRX20Z
-Vox Valvetronix AD30VT

^So much better than my Bullet Reverb!!

Awesome!
Vox, i liked my WD a lot at first, but now i regret getting it.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
It's good for rock, and it can work for metal, his main choice is classic rock which is what it's made for, and he plays blues too.
Don't be afraid to care"