What will make a tube amp make a popping noise? Doesn't do it all the time, but enough to make me wonder.
The best way I can explain it is it sounds like when you plug your cable in with your amp on. It makes that noise and just a pop noise on occasion. I didn't know if it was a tube problem or not.
If it's while you're plugging in your cable that's probably fine.
If it's just randon while you're playing, not good.
Elaborate and I may be able to help.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Have you ever had a raw speaker not hooked up to anything with some speaker wire on it. If you do that and take a battery ane touch the speaker leads to each end of a D battery, that's what it sounds like. My input jacks on my amp and guitar are tight so I know its not that.
Sounds like it could be a preamp tube problem. They're microphonic, so when they start to go they can start making weird sounds. How old are they?
I haven't had the amp a year yet but it was a display model so I don't know how much it was used before I got it. I got it at a smaller shop that I know the owner and know its not banged around on like some guitar center stuff with the kids. All of the tubes do glow but I might change out the preamp tubes and see if that helps. My granddaughter likes to flip the swith and turn the knobs on it so I don't know if that might be something too.