Should I get a Carvin mastertube half stack or just buck it up and save 5 hundo more for the carvin v3 (I'd rather not)? I play bands like Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Steve Vai, Slayer, Metal Church, Testament, Metallica, Necrophagist, Nile, Yngwie Malmsteen, Diamond Head, Megadeth. My guitar is a Gibson SG Standard.
V3......... it rawkz..... Nolan !!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Which one do you prefer the sound of?
[end thread]
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Just look at his fav bands......... They totally (xept Slayer perhaps) have Mesa-esque or at least dark heavy American tones......... which basically describes a Carvin V3 !!

Cheers.............. dudes !!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Every review I've seen rates the V3 well, the MTS better. Supposedly the MTS has a more solid sounding gain, the V3 seems to have a fizzy quality.

I would consider the X100-b as well.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
I find the V3 to be cold, almost "Metal Zone-esque"
I'd recommend the MTS.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
X 100 B all the way!!!!! I tried a v3, and mts ,the mts has a more saturated dist sound than the 100B, however the 100B's sound is over all much nicer, more tube sounding!! so 100B gets my vote
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
Ive been looking into some Carvin heads as well, particularly the MTS. Is there any samples of Carvin amps avaible somewhere?
Click on my gear link, then click on the my gear link in photo bucket and youll see a good pic of mine

Then check the crvin museaum
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
I went to Carvin in Sacramento,ca, and I tested the V3 and MTS. I was looking for KsE tone and Atreyu, A7x sounds, the guy recommended the MTS over the V3. the V3 is like old rock sounds, great cleans. the MTS had better gain and such. the V3 is a much more versatile amp though. im in the same predicament you are. I need to go test them longer.
Member #78 of the Alter Bridge Fan club - PM Logz to join!

Originally Posted by Gibson_Rocker13
why the hell would you worship satan if hes gunna torture the **** out of you.
i find the carvin mts 2x12 to be a great buy for me, itll be under a grand canadian for me to buy it, and i like the 50watt/100watt option and the ability to use 6l6's...anyways for those of you whove played it, im looking for a slightly high gain tone, my music tastes range from the chillis to amon amarth to bands such as trivium, think the mts can do it?
Fuck, am I the only one who keeps reading the thread title as "Carvin Masturbate Series"... well?
I honestly thought it the first time, cause im use to seeing carvin MTS not mastertube...honest mistake wylde lol
Quote by SGKIDD
Click on my gear link, then click on the my gear link in photo bucket and youll see a good pic of mine

Then check the crvin museaum

How much was your's and where did you get it?
Mine I got from Rumble seat music, and I know the owner very well (my dad played in a band with him) So he sold the full stack to me for 600 bucks, but usually itll cost you around 800 for the half stack, 5-600 for the head and another 2 or 300 for the cab (only one)
Mail Goes here.