Hi everyone. I'm a newbie. I've learnt several guitar scales and I was informed that the scales are useful in soloing. However I don't know how to apply the scales in not even a single solo. Is there any specific method to do so? Thanks.
the scales are just guidlines of what notes sound good together. Pretty much they give you a better understanding of "where to go next" and places to look to get cool solo licks. You can move a scale up or down the neck to a different place as long as its played the same just on different frets then just fiddle around with the combinations of notes.

Im a ohrrible explainer
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
mmmk, basically a scale is something designed for the key your in. ex-if your in the key of e then you can play a solo thats in the key of e over anything in the song and it will sound ok. How to determine the key you might ask...well its usually the first chord of the song.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by deadmansdiary
the scales are just guidlines of what notes sound good together. Pretty much they give you a better understanding of "where to go next" and places to look to get cool solo licks. You can move a scale up or down the neck to a different place as long as its played the same just on different frets then just fiddle around with the combinations of notes.

Im a ohrrible explainer

I actually understand your explaination. Thanks. The point is, I have to play the same key, right?
yeaps.. basically all the notes in your scale can be applied in your song.. its kinda like.. your options for a song.. why, when, how, which... notes u play is totally up to your individuality.. and of course theres much more theory behind which notes u should hit and when you should hit them.. but if you go with your heart and stay within the scale you should be ok.. just try to aim for something melodic... good luck..
Remember the scales are just guidelines.

I like chromatic runs in solos as well.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
This is going to sound lame, but I'm a bit confused by the Chromatic Scale. As far as it seemed, it was basically...."every note". Could I get a better explanation?
Not really, it is every note.

You play something like:

E|-0-1-2-3-4

That's chromatic.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by X_BassGuitar_X
This is going to sound lame, but I'm a bit confused by the Chromatic Scale. As far as it seemed, it was basically...."every note". Could I get a better explanation?

The chromatic scale is the scale that contains all twelve pitches of Western music - where each note is seperated by an interval of one half step.
So a slide from G (fret 3, E string) to G (fret 15, E string) would be, in essence, a complete run of the Chromatic Scale?