im debating between the Bill Lawrence L-500 XL or the Dime bucker by Seymore Duncan, the Dime is based of the pickup and the L-500XL is cheaper.... i dont no im still thinking , BTW im dropping it in the an old Washburn Maverick
My Rig
1. Hand built custom mockingbird with original floyd rose and emg 81-85
2. Epiphone Flying V Goth With Floyd Rose and emg 81-85
3. Thrown together strat body guitar
Effects
Boss Ds-1
Mxr EVH phaser
Zakk Wylde Wah
Amp
Behringer Gm212
The Bill Lawrence kills it
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
i was thinking that but im not sure i hvant tried the Dime yet the Lawrence is awsome tho
My Rig
Effects
Boss Ds-1
Mxr EVH phaser
Zakk Wylde Wah
Amp
Behringer Gm212
ive played them both and they are very similar but the duncan is more bright wich i dont like.
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
too bright hmmmmm.... i really did like the lawrence one and its MUCH cheaper then the dime
My Rig
Effects
Boss Ds-1
Mxr EVH phaser
Zakk Wylde Wah
Amp
Behringer Gm212
If you go with the Bill Lawrence be sure to order direct from their website. Avoid the copies that have "Bill Lawrence USA" on the front of the pickups.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
My girlfriend is getting me a BL 500-XL for our anniversary
Brazillian Thrash Massacre
Quote by Mudder
If you go with the Bill Lawrence be sure to order direct from their website. Avoid the copies that have "Bill Lawrence USA" on the front of the pickups.

There is so much controversy over those 2 pickups. Some people say that Bill and Becky make the real ones, but Dime used the USA ones. It confuses me. My friend got a USA one and Its like a darker higher gain JB.
Bill lawrence murders the dimebucker, soo much more defined. I ordered my pickup from bill and becky and it said "Bill Lawrence USA" on it......
Dimebucker takes it from behind from the entire Dallas Cowboys defensive line.

And it sounds muddy, too.