anyone know of some good bands that play in drop B besides soulfly and eighteen visions? much appreciated
Depends what you're into really. Slipknot, Stone Sour and Machine Head spring to mind. Most hardcore bands play in either drop C or drop B tuning
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Slayer play in E. MAYBE Eb. unless the new album is in drop B, which doesnt really matter, coz new Slayer is ****.

only band i can think of that plays drop B is Down. try B standard, a lot of bands play in B. lots of death metal; new Cannibal Corpse stuff for one.
Doesn't Audioslave play some stuff in Drop B? I believe I remember that from the interview with Tom Morello that was posted a while ago...
Their are good bands that play in drop B?
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by pumpkins_rule
Their are good bands that play in drop B?

shut up, you fucking worthless ass.

Damageplan played Drop B, as well as new Slayer, Slipknot, Devildriver, and alot of Metalcore bands (though Drop C is more common.)
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Ive got one word for you

CHEVELLE
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Though I think they use mainly drop C, I believe Breaking Benjamin has use it on a couple of songs.
I believe the most recent Agony Scene CD is in drop B. They are pretty cool.
-Party on and rock harder than you party-

Originally Posted By Paint

and if there was a band directly opposite of Dragonforce, they band would be ****ing insane.
Unearth!!!!

they mostly use a 7 string guitar but half the tabs online are tabbed out for a 6 string, using drop b tuning.
Not many bands tune to Drop B since drop b is the standard tuning on a 7-string so its a really low tuning for a six string. here's the bands that come to mind for me:

Sevendust
Mudvayne
Slipknot
Stone Sour

and thats all i can think of. most bands today play in drop c or drop d, but i still enjoy playing in the ol' standard e tuning.
Quote by Alucard II
WHAT?
drop B is cAEBF#B. standard tuning for a 7 string is eBGDAEB

Drop B is

(low to high, though yours is high to low) B F# B E G# C#

EDIT:
Quote by Alucard II
Slayer play in E. MAYBE Eb. unless the new album is in drop B, which doesnt really matter, coz new Slayer is ****..

There old stuff was in Eb, and on there new CD it ranges from Eb, (i think they said they used standard once in the GW interview), and Drop B.

Once again,
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Last edited by pHaKe at Oct 1, 2006,
Quote by pHaKe

Drop B is

(low to high, though yours is high to low) B F# B E G# C#
lmao. lesson learned: do not try to remember alternate tunings after drinking 85% black absinthe.

i havent paid much attention to the new Slayer stuff, i listened to the new album once and that was enough for me. they'll never be what they were.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Doesn't Audioslave play some stuff in Drop B? I believe I remember that from the interview with Tom Morello that was posted a while ago...

Yes they do, I think "The Worm" is played in drop b. So is "Gasoline".
Origin
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Slipknot plays in Drop B a lot.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
filter does a lil drop A here and there. they do drop D, C, and A but not B it seems. I don't know what their problem is.
i am member no. 3 of the 'coheed and cambria fan club' interested? pm CoheedANDnofx6.

"I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it"
-Mitch Hedberg