Right now at the moment I am using gauge 9's...I dont like it at all. What would you guys recommend for a Sorta "shreddish" though heavy sound? Maybe 11'? Is that "too" much of a step high?

Feed back, suggestions apreciated.

Note, Iunno if this would help, but the kind of music I play is mostly Grind, Death, and Classical (weird combo I know).
Umm changing strings would help some but if you were gunna change from 9-11's you gotta chage the truss rod and if it has a floyd some serouis spring teawking. for all that trouble get a distorion pedal and a new amp
Quote by Chevylegend454
Umm changing strings would help some but if you were gunna change from 9-11's you gotta chage the truss rod and if it has a floyd some serouis spring teawking. for all that trouble get a distorion pedal and a new amp

Ya, because spending all the money on new gear is so much easier then just buying new strings and spending an hour tops screwing with the truss rod
I've never had string gauges mess up my neck relief or anything... is the deal with adjusting the truss rod more important on guitars with little necks like RGs? Just out of curiosity.
Ive got an RR and I have went from ernie ball Hybrids to power slinky's and have a great tone. I don't have any neck problems but did have to tweek the springs something fierce(floyde rose) and drop tune to keep my bridge flat. I ended up with an awsome tone similar to Slayer.