this is something i found on the net, really interesting.. give it a read if youre free.. and dont blame me if i wasted your time but it truely gave me a new perception on the man Yngwie J Malmsteen. i personally always thought he was always a good guy,misundertood tho, but heres some proof..

http://www.ratw.com/promo/intview/yngwie.htm
bit of an old interview....

im a yngwie fan and defender myself. The mans misunderstood. and its trendy to hate on his ego.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Yeh you might call me a trendy yngwie hater
But i jsut dont like his playing.
my guitar teacher told me that he saw yngwie play live in like cincinnati, and he said that yngwie started soloing for like 5 minutes and when the drummer started playing yngwie took his guitar, threw it at the drum set and left the stage. i don't think anything will justify that.
Ibanez RGA 121
Ibanez RG3EX1
Some sort of Marshall Stack
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Little POD thing

Plagued Paradise
Quote by Bodomizer
my guitar teacher told me that he saw yngwie play live in like cincinnati, and he said that yngwie started soloing for like 5 minutes and when the drummer started playing yngwie took his guitar, threw it at the drum set and left the stage. i don't think anything will justify that.

Why not? Every musician has an off night now and again. Even if he has an ego the size of Nebraska, he's only human. Lots of musicians have shown frustration like that. Pete Townshend destroyed his guitar and speaker cabs during a show because his guitar wasn't working properly. Hendrix once slammed his guitar and walked off stage in the middle of a show because he was pissed off at himself. Shit happens.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
Why not? Every musician has an off night now and again. Even if he has an ego the size of Nebraska, he's only human. Lots of musicians have shown frustration like that. Pete Townshend destroyed his guitar and speaker cabs during a show because his guitar wasn't working properly. Hendrix once slammed his guitar and walked off stage in the middle of a show because he was pissed off at himself. Shit happens.

Yeah, only in this case... It probably didn't or was one of Yngwie's misunderstood jokes.

The man has a quirky sense of humor. Unfortunately most other people don't.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by Resiliance
Yeah, only in this case... It probably didn't or was one of Yngwie's misunderstood jokes.

The man has a quirky sense of humor. Unfortunately most other people don't.

Those Sweeds!
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

what can u see more from a Blackmore clone ?
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]
*Gets prepared for everyone who hates Yngwie to post about how his playing is show-off."
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

that interview was really random...das awesome, i bet he is a pretty cool guy. Not too many really egotistical people could have such a relaxed conversation.
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
Quote by Evil_Empire24-7
what can u see more from a Blackmore clone ?

Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
I just love it when people bash Yngwie for being arrogant or liking donuts or whatever else they imagine about him, because, you know, a musician should be judged by what he does in his private life, not by his music. Morons.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
I love the rolex bit
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
he's one of my main influences but i think throwing guitars on the drummer and going offstage in the middle of the concert is what he took from blackmore.
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]
Quote by Evil_Empire24-7
he's one of my main influences but i think throwing guitars on the drummer and going offstage in the middle of the concert is what he took from blackmore.

And you use the telephone, so you took that from Alexander Graham Bell, you silly Bell copy.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Click.
well, there's an interesting development: Yngwie isn't an arsehole

who'da thunk it...and about time something like this came in
good find man
Quote by TheUltimateSin
I use a 26-fret 7-string Gilgamesh 4000XR with dual overdriven flourescent-orange Seymour Duncan pick-ups...My guitar is badass, beeatch.

best air guitar ever
^just thought i expose Yngwie's other side, hopefully it changed a few minds, after all.. he is really really good no?
my friend has met yngwie, he said arrogance oozed off him, but he said he was ok to talk to......its nothing wrong with knowing your one of the best at what you do.
The dude sounds like a nice guy.

It's annoying when people accuse him of wanking, because he's just so heavily influenced by classical violins. The same runs he creates, if performed on violin, would get applause and appreciation to the highest degree, but no one accuses classical musicians of "Wankery", as this is only achievable by an electric guitarist.
"I feel sorry for James Blunt, he has to wake up every morning and think 'Ah man, I'm James Blunt'"
Quote by xtopher_aaron
^just thought i expose Yngwie's other side, hopefully it changed a few minds, after all.. he is really really good no?

of course he is; he's Yngwie fùcking Malmsteen!
Quote by TheUltimateSin
I use a 26-fret 7-string Gilgamesh 4000XR with dual overdriven flourescent-orange Seymour Duncan pick-ups...My guitar is badass, beeatch.

best air guitar ever
Quote by Bodomizer

Well if he's talking about the 2005 show he's lying, because I was there...and he didn't.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
Quote by Bodomizer

yep hes like a lot musicians arogant bastards only wanting the limelight on them
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
Quote by Lost_Rose
yep hes like a lot musicians arogant bastards only wanting the limelight on them

Shut the fuck up, idiot.

Honestly, you didn't even bother to even read anything in this thread did you? Even if you did, you'd still be an idiot for saying ignorant crap like that.

Click.
Quote by Bodomizer

Your teacher is a tool, Yngwie is very open live to letting keyboard +drum solos go on.

That being said that interview was kinda odd, but that being said he has had some pretty mean interviews (but they were more honest than mean IMO).
Quote by Resiliance
Shut the fuck up, idiot.

Honestly, you didn't even bother to even read anything in this thread did you? Even if you did, you'd still be an idiot for saying ignorant crap like that.

I like yngwie i just think hes an arogant bastard and if you cant accept my opinion your opinions mean jack ****
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
Quote by Lost_Rose
I like yngwie i just think hes an arogant bastard and if you cant accept my opinion your opinions mean jack ****

You like him... yet, you call him an arrogant bastard? I'm trying to find the logic in this.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

Well, that was the second Yngwie interview ive read and he seems like an alright guy, going from what was said in those 2 interviews. in this other one i read he was even asked about the time when he kicked off at some air hostess because she poured a glass of water on his head- but he explained that he regretted doing it because he was wasted at the time. If he really is arrogant, it doesnt show in his interviews.

5th Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM Apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Quote by Godly Moose
You like him... yet, you call him an arrogant bastard? I'm trying to find the logic in this.

there is a difference between music and someone personality

I quite like ted nugents music but his redneck idea's make me want to hurt him in a place nobody wants to get hurt
I think saying yngwie is not arogant is a blantant lie unless you're blind to what he does on stage etc and many videos that are floating around. but being arogant dosen't mean you're a constant asshole, like that kids show video for instance.
Originally posted by TapMaster
If you break a JEM you know your going to go to hell when you die

Only member of the 'This is too immature for me' club.
Meh, i still think Yngwie's music sucks, no matter how many cool interveiws he does.
Need.New.Sig.
Quote by Godly Moose

I like axl rose but I think hes arrogant as well, you can be arrogant and still make good music

some common sense please
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS