Well basically this is a thread im making on behalf of my friend, because he is not registered on this website.

Anyway, he was after a new guitar and ordered an RG321MH but then there was some sort of mixup or something and the basic thing is that he wont have it for a gig this friday which is what he had hoped for. The music store offered him this "Electa" brand guitar which i understand is what ibanez's were called in australia in the 60s-70s? but anyway i dont really know anything about them and neither does he or the guy at the shop.

My friend said the specs are as follows:

LP SELECT Carved mahogany body. Set maple neck. Multiple bound body. Bound neck and headstock. Rosewood fingerboard. Covered humbuckers. Tune-o-matic bridge and stop bar tailpiece. 22 fret, 24.75? scale. Diecast machine heads. Gold plated hardware

and wanted me to tell him if it was a good guitar, i said impossible so i came here to see if somebody actually knows what this guitar is, what this brand is or anything that could be of use, thanks
I have no idea what these guitars are like, ive had no experience of them but they are not Ibanez guitars. Ibanez was is and allways will be callee Ibanez, Ibanez guitars are produced by the Hoshino Gakki Group.

The majority of Electra Guitars were produced by the Matsumoku (although some were made by other companies so Hoshino Gakki may have done a couple). Matsumoku have made a lot of guitars for a lot of brands such as Aria, Epiphone and Vox.

I think the majority of Electra Guitars were imported into the states during the mid 1970's and i think it stopped around the mid 1980's.

From what i can tell they are guitars that are fairly well regarded, but without its model number its hard to tell if hes getting a good model or not.
ive got an electa les paul ripoff thing and there not to bad a guitar but im not the most experienced guitarist so yer.
yo... dude. I know it's a long time coming (this reply), but I've just come across ur post in Google. I own one of these things. It's badged as an 'Electa' and I got it in the 70's - my first guitar actually. It's *not* an Ibanez, coz I can still remember clearly seeng a similar red Ibanez next to mine in the shop (Clements Music, Russell St, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia) and the Ibanez was like 3 times the price. I can still remember having to re-tune my mates amp every time I plugged my Electa in - this thing just barked something fierce. I had it appraised at my local guitar shop a few years back, and the insides are apparently all genuine Gibson. No wonder the beast bellows like it does. It weighs like 3 tons, and in my infinite stupidity back then, I removed the gold-plated humbucker covers (exposed windings were the in-thing at the time). She's up on my wall-rack these days, and still looks as pretty as the day I got her. I've seen it compared to an Ibanez Custom Agent, but my fretboard inlays are different. Grouse guitar, and I'll think I'll hang on to it for a while yet - who knows, it may one day be deemed a 'classic'
If it was made recently there's a link here to the site for the distributors. http://www.lamberti.com.au/pages/products/electa.htm. They basically give all the models that are available and their specs. They are really great guitars by the way, and are made of the same parts as Gibson and Epiphone (they are made in the same factory as Epiphones and Gibson parts are used on Epiphones). So effectively they are Epiphones, with some better parts in my opinion. If you find some good ones they can have the quality almost of a Gibson (albeit at a much, much lower price). I own one myself and it just screams when cranked through an amp.

Depending on what you get you can get some Japanese made ones which are really good but the Korean/Chinese ones are great quality too.

Sound great, look great, play great, what more could you ask for.

(Sorry for posting this late, I just stumbled across your post in the forums and thought I'd share some knowledge on them).

EDIT: ^ As Quokka said, his is made out of bona-fide Gibson parts. You can actually get modern ones that were made recently that are made out of Gibson parts. I opened mine up (Made in Japan) and found Gibson Burstbucker pickups and Gibson pots and a Gibson pickup selector. The wood is great quality too. If you see one, buy one :P.
Last edited by The_Teleblaster at Jan 4, 2009,
Yea i bought an electa slayer (explorer shape) about a year ago and never really new anything about it. when i got it it was in pretty bad conditiong but i kinda fixedd it up. it was quite a good guitar but now it wont stay in tune and the sound is terrible. i havent yet taken it to be fixed up proffesionally but im hoping it will be okay.
but yea. i picked it up in cash converters in brisbane for $250. if worst comes to worst and it still doesnt sound any better, i might just buy sum new pickup, probably EMG's and possibly a new bridge. so im hoping it will be allright.
thx cya
Attachments:
air show 004.JPG
Last edited by 3310xx at Jun 12, 2009,
oh what the ****. thread made in '06, dies in '06, revived in '08, dies in '08, revived in '09, hopefully dies in '09
Quote by Diamond Dave
Well basically this is a thread im making on behalf of my friend, because he is not registered on this website.

Anyway, he was after a new guitar and ordered an RG321MH but then there was some sort of mixup or something and the basic thing is that he wont have it for a gig this friday which is what he had hoped for. The music store offered him this "Electa" brand guitar which i understand is what ibanez's were called in australia in the 60s-70s? but anyway i dont really know anything about them and neither does he or the guy at the shop.

My friend said the specs are as follows:

LP SELECT Carved mahogany body. Set maple neck. Multiple bound body. Bound neck and headstock. Rosewood fingerboard. Covered humbuckers. Tune-o-matic bridge and stop bar tailpiece. 22 fret, 24.75? scale. Diecast machine heads. Gold plated hardware

and wanted me to tell him if it was a good guitar, i said impossible so i came here to see if somebody actually knows what this guitar is, what this brand is or anything that could be of use, thanks

No way Bro! Ibanez were ALWAYS Ibanez here mate! Electa were Electa.

NOT bad copy instruments. My mate in my 1st band back in the 80s had an Electa Strat copy. It was pretty nicely built. Had an alder or maple body.
He Frankenstratted it couretesy of Alex Malmstrom (Medusa) and it was wicked.

Saw some New Electa LP and SG copies in the shop in Berwick, theyre pretty darn good. Even the bloke in the shop was impressed by them and said they were VERY decent LP copies and sounded pretty right on.
Probably BETTER than up2d8 Gibbos due to the poor quality being churned out.

He told me Mr. Peavey is looking to buy Gibson to save it from extinction!
Last edited by Axe-man69 at Feb 24, 2010,
Quote by azn_guitarist25
oh what the ****. thread made in '06, dies in '06, revived in '08, dies in '08, revived in '09, hopefully dies in '09

STFU cockhead brand snob!
Quote by azn_guitarist25

And now back in 2010.
So I'm wanting to revive this conversation in 2016 but you will have to excuse my lack of knowledge on guitars. I'm not a musician but wanting some advice. I'm trying to sell my Grandfathers guitars are trying to find out what they are worth. One of them is a beautiful Electa. Japanese made I believe back in the 1970's. I'm in Tasmania, Australia. Any help is much appreciated
"Electa" or "Electra", this thread is 6 years dead. Please start your own.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!