Many people on this site have reccomended the Roland Cube AMP for me. I'm fairly new, but right now I'm using a really ****ty Ibanez amp that came in my starter kit. (I checked it out online, and it's a 15W $60 AMP)

The new amp will be for practicing at home but I also am in a band(we are all new, but taking lessons and getting better every week). We have been recording and we will want to do small gigs once we get better.

So i hear both are great amps, the 30 and 60. But i was just wondering if it would be better to buy the 60W so I will have it in the future for when we do some gigs. I have the money for either, so please help me out
why don't you buy something with tubes... cubes are great amps...

but, if you decide to buy a cube, and since you're in a band, buy the 60watt version....

IMO, i think that for a little extra money that you'd give for a cube 60, you could buy something, 'tube-powered' xD
Valencia CG-180 | Alhambra 7P | Epiphone Sheraton | Korg AX3G | Marshall Valvestate VS102R
Quote by DWBH
why don't you buy something with tubes... cubes are great amps...

but, if you decide to buy a cube, and since you're in a band, buy the 60watt version....

IMO, i think that for a little extra money that you'd give for a cube 60, you could buy something, 'tube-powered' xD

correct me if im wrong but i dont think your gonna find a giggable tube amp for $345
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Well it depends are you also gonna mic the amp. Cause if you not then get the 60. Even if you are going to mic it get the 60.

The only thing i dont like about the 60 compared to the 30 is that because it has a 12'' speaker and not a ten it sounds way more bassier

But the good thing is that it has a presence knob and its got more jacks at the back to put 3 footswitches and not 2
Member #25 of the Ibanez SZ over RG Club! PM ibanez4life SZ! to join

Ibanez SZ320BK, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Statocaster, Laney Cub 12

Quote by Punk2Guitar
your my hero

Quote by benjy118
I love you

Thank you very much
save up for gear you wont want to get rid of later. Ive got some stuff I dont like anymore. Wasted money or stuff I need to get rid off by auction sites and all that.

SAVE UP FOR A PROPER TUBE COMBO
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
yea i got a house full of crap i dont use anymore, i do have a cube though and its all i use
ibanez rocks
Quote by red star
correct me if im wrong but i dont think your gonna find a giggable tube amp for $345

oh yeah?

Fame GTA-40 R

cube 60

fame gta-40 r it's a GREAT amp!!

and it's even cheaper than the cube.... and it's a tube amp! and it's a hell of an amp!!!

EDIT: i forgot to mention that not only it's a tube amp, but it's also hand-wired...
Valencia CG-180 | Alhambra 7P | Epiphone Sheraton | Korg AX3G | Marshall Valvestate VS102R
I think i'll probably get the cube60, i'm going to go to a store soon and check it out.
Go for the cube 60, mate. That monstrosity is the best SS amp out there, and
they're getting popular, as I got lucky and bought the last one from the store
with 275$.
Just to clarify: The CUBE series are NOT tube amps. They're damn good, but they aren't tube. So you don't need to replace the tubes.
I personally have the cube 60 and I can tell you it is really great. The 12" speaker makes the bass sound incredible for a combo. It sounds very close to what a tube amp sounds like, but when you turn it up...you can start to notice some SS break up.

But if you can save up for a nice tube combo, that would be the better option. Peavey makes some nice, cheap combo's (xxx, 5150, etc).

Ebay can help you find a better deal. Play it at a guitar shop and buy it on ebay!
My Rig:
PRS SE custom
cube 60
Dual Rectifier Roadster (2X12 combo)
DR strings
EHX Multiplexer
Quote by rcmaster0072002
keep in mind u do have to replace tubes, so keep some extra cash.

Ive had my JCM900 for several years now and Ive spent maybe $150 on tubes. Its not much, even if you spread that over about 7 or 8 years.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Ive had my JCM900 for several years now and Ive spent maybe $150 on tubes. Its not much, even if you spread that over about 7 or 8 years.

Yeah, my guitar teacher hasn't replaced his tubes for years now.
My Rig:
PRS SE custom
cube 60
Dual Rectifier Roadster (2X12 combo)
DR strings
EHX Multiplexer