Which is better the marshall tsl60 (head) or dsl50 (head)? And are they much better than the combos???

I play mainly punk (anti-flag, rise against, blink 182, nofx) and a bitta metal (Metallica, bfmv, trivium)

What other amps should i concider??
Don't know about first thing, but people have said the DSL head sound slightly better thanb the combo's. They reckon it might be the speaker.
Behringerv-tone(first guitar)
Epiphone les paul standard plus (cherry burst)
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

I like Epi LP's. You got a problem, PM me!
DSL all the way. For the TSL, Marshall took a fantastic distortion channel from the DSL and split it in two. The result? 2 seperate drive channels, both of which are inferior to the one drive channel on the DSL. If you really want 2 drive channels, consider the DSL and an OD pedal.

Oh, and from what I understand the heads out of the "industry standard" 1960 cabs sound slightly better than the combos, but I really don't think its that noticable of a difference. I think you should always go for a combo when possible, its just more practical. Don't buy more power than you need because a marshall halfstack is the picture-book description of rock n roll.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Quote by rockxwl
DSL all the way. For the TSL, Marshall took a fantastic distortion channel from the DSL and split it in two. The result? 2 seperate drive channels, both of which are inferior to the one drive channel on the DSL. If you really want 2 drive channels, consider the DSL and an OD pedal.

Oh, and from what I understand the heads out of the "industry standard" 1960 cabs sound slightly better than the combos, but I really don't think its that noticable of a difference. I think you should always go for a combo when possible, its just more practical. Don't buy more power than you need because a marshall halfstack is the picture-book description of rock n roll.

I had heard the TSL made a better distortion but since I have never played one I guess I'll take your word for it. But about the cabs doesnt that make a big difference as opposed to just a combo, I thought that sound quailty was the reason you would get a stack instead of just a combo not just the extra power.
First off, as I look at the music you play (sorry I didn't look at it before) I would say the DSL is definately the way to go, mainly because of your punk influences. It can also definately handle the metal you mentioned. The TSL can get higher gain sounds than the DSL but personally I think once you crank the gain all the way on the DSL the tone turns to fizzy mush anyway, so why would you want even more?

The difference in tone between heads can vary a LOT depending on what cab you are using. As I said, the "industry standard" for driving Marshall heads is the 1960a or b (a is straight, b is slanted, I think). But you will get a different tone each time if you use a Mesa cab, a Line 6 cab, an Avatar cab, or a B-52 cab (to name a few). Combos are a little more consistent in tone unless you switch out the speakers. Stock speakers in Marshalls (JCM combos AND the 1960 cabs) are G12T-75's I believe, so you should get a similar sound as long as you have a cab with matching impedance that has those speakers.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail