Ok, i've been searching all over the internet; read the 'getting started' list, but I still can't find anywhere in the UK that sells basswood for making musical instruments. Does anyone know of anywhere that sells it with decent quality for making an electric guitar?
I'm looking for basswood body blanks.

If anyone knows any websites/companies based in the US that will ship to the UK, then they will do as well.

Also, is Lime the same as Basswood? Just a different name for it?

Cheers
I would recommend a search for 10/4 Basswood (a 2.5" slab, 6.35cm). You'll get the best deal from wood suppliers. You will likely have to glue up a blank along the centerline of the finished body because boards wider than 6-8 inches are difficult to find and will be quite expensive. Gluing up your own blank is only one extra step.

You can also look for deals on other species of wood, mahogany or alder for example. Or, you can also try searching for "tone wood". Tone wood suppliers will have already selected for the quality needed for musical instruments.

According to Wiki, Lime is the same species as Basswood.
try here

they sell body blanks.

oops sorry no Basswood, mahogany and swamp ash though.

£50-£60 for a body bank isn't too bad i should think but i dont know naything about wood...
Quote by tagyoureit
I would recommend a search for 10/4 Basswood (a 2.5" slab, 6.35cm). You'll get the best deal from wood suppliers. You will likely have to glue up a blank along the centerline of the finished body because boards wider than 6-8 inches are difficult to find and will be quite expensive. Gluing up your own blank is only one extra step.

You can also look for deals on other species of wood, mahogany or alder for example. Or, you can also try searching for "tone wood". Tone wood suppliers will have already selected for the quality needed for musical instruments.

I've found a few places that sell tonewoods, and they sell stuff like mahogany and alder...but i've found none selling basswood.

If I can't find anywhere I guess i'll just go with mahogany instead