Hey guys,

I'm new here to the forum, but I've been reading quite a few posts and most of you usually have something constructive to say when a question is posted...
Has anyone played both the 50's and 60's Classic Strat? What is the difference in playability and tone? Maybe you have another suggestion for a Strat for me, under 900$ CAD? I mostly play blues, rock, looking to learn some jazz.
(I know how much this forum seems to love Ibanez, but please, no suggestions for one. )
Thanks in advance.
Nah, just the shred guys are Ibanez fanboys. I personally don't like them.

Any Strat would suit what you want to do, honestly. There's not too much of a difference, really, between the 50s and 60s. Also try out the Deluxe Strat and the Highway 1.
Hi, I'm Peter
The biggest difference you'll notice between the 50's and 60's(and personally this is almost everything to me) is the feel of the guitar.The 50's has a v neck and the 60's have the traditional c neck.Other than that there really isn't much difference.
Thanks for the quick reply!!
So how do the Deluxe and the Highway 1 differ from the Classics?
Whatever I get, would it be worth it for me to upgrade to the Vintage noiseless pups?
One of the reasons I dislike "vintage" reissue guitars is that older isn't necessarily better, especially when you're just talking about simulating older. Highway 1 Strats are done up with better parts. Deluxe Strats have a few more features. And Vintage Noiseless are pretty good, although you should go with the SCN pickups if you want to go that route - noiseless but better tone.
Hi, I'm Peter
Aren't deluxe Strats quite a bit more cash? And if I'm looking for a vintage tone, wouldn't a reissue be better for me than the Highway 1?
Thanks again for the help!
they have a Mexican Deluxe and an American Deluxe. The Mexican is in the same price as the reissues and the Highway One. As far as your tone goes, "Mexican classic reissue" doesn't mean it's going to have vintage tone. Besides, "vintage tone" is a bit of a misnomer - they sounded bright and new when the guitar was first made. But just find the one you like the features and feel of the most and then do a pickup swap.
Hi, I'm Peter
Damn you're quick Dirk.

Thanks for all the help, I guess I'll just have to take a tour of all the stores this weekend and find out exactly what I'm looking for.

I do very much appreciate your help.
Quote by Dirk Gently
Nah, just the shred guys are Ibanez fanboys. I personally don't like them.

Any Strat would suit what you want to do, honestly. There's not too much of a difference, really, between the 50s and 60s. Also try out the Deluxe Strat and the Highway 1.

i love fender, calum barrow loves his new ibby...stereotype foiled.

the classic 50's and 60s are similar, the only diffIMO is finishes and fretboards..those two feel supioir to me.
the classic are great guitars for the ££ and you wont make abad choice!
Quote by godofshred
i love fender, calum barrow loves his new ibby...stereotype foiled.

Stereotypes don't exist because they're universally true. I'm sure you could find one or two black American males who don't like basketball, or one upper class American white kid who doesn't act like a soulless spoiled dipshit...but figuring Ibanez guitars came about during the shred/metal surge of the 80s...
Hi, I'm Peter
There's not much of a difference, they both play great and look immense, it's personal preference really.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by Dirk Gently
Stereotypes don't exist because they're universally true. I'm sure you could find one or two black American males who don't like basketball, or one upper class American white kid who doesn't act like a soulless spoiled dipshit...but figuring Ibanez guitars came about during the shred/metal surge of the 80s...

dude, you had to ruin it...
my shop doesnt do either the classic 50' or 60' and i have the same problem! Since i cant try them out in te shop, and there are NO other guitar shops anywere near me, I have to order the guitar through catalouge. Lifes tough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggan13
Someone do a picture

Originally Posted by SForbz-Rockstar
Ohhh no! I ain't doing that again. Last time I done that I got covered in the most horrendous paper cuts.
Jimmie Vaughan TexMex strat.
Quote by drevil814
Be a man and tell her off. If that doesn't work, a roundhouse kick to the face will.

Quote by flesh fries
im not racist....ive got a color tv
just to add, the MIA players deluxe 62 reissues with S-1 and SCN pups, just price dropped to a $1,000 usd.
very nice for the money.

and MIM standards are great because you can do all the upgrades urself.

also, dont forget about the 60th anniversary MIM strat.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
just to add, the MIA players deluxe 62 reissues with S-1 and SCN pups, just price dropped to a $1,000 usd.
very nice for the money.

and MIM standards are great because you can do all the upgrades urself.

also, dont forget about the 60th anniversary MIM strat.

NOT recommended. The mia players deluxe has SERIOUS qc issues. Fender forum has a whole slab of stories where the neck is seriously out of place, and completely unplayable. Thus the price drop

MIM Standards would be a good choice, but for the money, i would seriously stick with my previously mentioned MIM strat - Jimmie Vaughan texmex. Great pickups, great sound, absolutely fantastic neck, i could rave about it all day. The JV Strat absolutely
slaughters the 50's/60's/70's RI strats. In fact, it is probably one of the top contenders for best strat under 1000.
Cheers
Quote by drevil814
Be a man and tell her off. If that doesn't work, a roundhouse kick to the face will.

Quote by flesh fries
im not racist....ive got a color tv
LAf ok, i guess ill go throw mine out then.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011