Never heard one but 65 watts solid state power should be loud enough to get you over a drummer. Are you interested in playing gigs with this amp, or just bedroom practicing?

The digital effects would be good to get your feet wet in the world of effects. Don't expect any of the effects to sound very good, you just get an idea of what they are. If this is one of your first amps I think it's safe to try it out. It can't sound worse than a Spider II
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
gigs definitely... and i probably will buy some pedals, like a wah and distortion
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
I wouldnt buy an amp if I thought Id need a distortion pedal for a better sound. But Im a firm believer of using the amps on-board distortion lol.
well ive been told that pedals are better than on board effects... also i like the fact that with a distortion pedal i can change my sound with a stomp
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13

Quote by SublimeGuitar

^ if youre talking about DIGITAL on-board effects yes. But it would be just stupid to by a Rectifier and use a Boss DS-1 for distortion, ya know?

edit- Im sick of people (not you btw) dumping a buttload of cash into a really nice amp...and then just using one of its channels (clean) and a pedal for distortion. When you put a lot of money into an amp, you better use all aspects of it or its just a waste of money!

*end rant*
I agree kurd.

Anyway, on topic here, really, I have never played on that amp before, but it looks like a pretty good amp to play in your room or at gigs with.

Look at the roland 60 watt too.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Theres a guitar shop I trust who highly recomends Kustom amps if you're on a budget. Definitely better than Spiders or MGs
ok

btw i should have probably mentioned i play blues/ contemp. alt. rock/ reggae/and every once in a while jazz

latinosuperedit : ive also been considering this for less
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kustom-Dual-30RC-30W-1x10-2Channel-Guitar-Combo-with-Chorus-and-Reverb?sku=481243
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13

Quote by SublimeGuitar

Last edited by latinosuperstud at Sep 28, 2006,
The Kustom amp looks good, I might get it. What's so bad about Spiders? It seems like everyone hates them.
i dont like the spiders distortion personally
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13

Quote by SublimeGuitar