right iam obsessed with les pauls i think they are the sex of guitar lol anyway iam getting a new guitar for xmas but i saw the price of gibson ones and it was a defintae no from my parents, so i looked up epiphone versions and found these three, my question id which one should i get?

http://www.soundcontrol.co.uk/mod_1/pages/mod_1.12/pages/mod_1.12.1/pages/mod_1.12.1.1/pages/index.php?sku=1.1.1.1.1-6-742

http://www.soundcontrol.co.uk/mod_1/pages/mod_1.12/pages/mod_1.12.1/pages/mod_1.12.1.1/pages/index.php?sku=1.1.1.1.1-6-5345

http://www.soundcontrol.co.uk/mod_1/pages/mod_1.12/pages/mod_1.12.1/pages/mod_1.12.1.1/pages/index.php?sku=1.1.1.1.1-6-184
Orinally Posted by HorridxHopes

This is the smartest question ever posted in the pit. I commend you.

I asked about theory of reality and this is what someone said to me!
Well why dont you just get the one you like the most.. The 56 has P-90's which rock, but i never cared for that color.. The Black Beauty is the one id choose, those things are kick ass, more versatile, and you dont see alot of people around who have them..
only thing though...if you want a solid mahogonied LP, get the LP Standard Plain-Top...the rest (almost) are a alder/mahogony sandwich...not neccisarily a bad thing, it just wont give you that fat LP tone your looking for
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Going by your music tastes i'd rule the gold top out because you'll probably be wanting humbuckers for a chunkier sound. The LP standard and black beauty are pretty similar, but i'd get the standard as the black beauty isn't worth the extra cash. Have you looked into the PRS se series?
I'd take the 3rd one ... the other ones are looking realy gay *gg*
i had a look at the PRS santana signature and mark tremonti but the really dont have that les paul appeal, the only guitar that does though is the maverick f1 but i hate how the volume and tone dials sit flush with the body
Orinally Posted by HorridxHopes

This is the smartest question ever posted in the pit. I commend you.

I asked about theory of reality and this is what someone said to me!
Quote by sashki
Black beauty. Definetely. Buy it now while it's cheap. It's the most versatile, coolest looking, best feeling and simply better value for money.

yeh but really where would you find the use for 3 humbuckers unless you dummy the middle one in which it would of had been cheaper to just buy the standard model even if its not in your colour or not
Quote by mario128
i had a look at the PRS santana signature and mark tremonti but the really dont have that les paul appeal, the only guitar that does though is the maverick f1 but i hate how the volume and tone dials sit flush with the body

Maverick F1s are nice, but Mavericks in general are hit and miss with quality. Make sure you buy a hardtail version (the floyd rose isn't that good afaik) and try out a few to find a really nice one, if you go down that route

From the Epis, I'd buy a Standard or a Plain top.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I would suggest the les paul standard heritage cherry sunburst. I have the same guitar. It is the best les paul. Infact, I also bought it from SoundControl, London. Outside Tottenham Court Underground Station, there is a Virgin Megastores Store. In the basement, there is SoundControl. In fact I got it for 300 pounds instead of 380. The same guitar is for sale at GAK.co.uk for 300 pounds!!! So, i showed it to the salesman at Soundcontrol and he agreed to give it to me for 300 pounds. He also gave the accesories at half the price! like the gig bag, planet waves cable, picks all at half the price.
Personally go for this guitar, it will change the way you play. I am also obsessed with les pauls and think they are the best guitars when it comes to look. And a Les Paul added with an Ibanez TS-808 Tubescreamer and Marshall amp is PARADISE!!!!
hmmm ts since your living in UK or so i presume also check out the brand Vintage since they are pretty good
Mate, take it from someone who has one. Get the standard. Yes the Black beauty is damn nice (I nearly got it, but the 3 humbuckers are a waste), the standard delivers big time. Note:Get it from a shop. Ok, so It cost a bit more-mine was £395, but you a)know it's what your getting, or how it plays, b) Take it for any problems,string fittings etc (for free!) and c) it will come PROFESSIONALLY set up! I'd say standard.
Behringerv-tone(first guitar)
Epiphone les paul standard plus (cherry burst)
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

I like Epi LP's. You got a problem, PM me!
If you're shopping in the £400-£500 mark for a guitar I'd definitely check out a Schecter. Still if you really want an epiphone les paul go on ebay, you can get a standard for around the £200-250 mark.
Freedom is the freedom to say 2+2=4. If that is granted, all else follows.
i pick the black beauty just becuase i think it looks the coolest... so disregard my opinion
My Myspace
My Covers
PLEASE WATCH AND COMMMENT

My Gear

Schecter S1 Elite
Line 6 Sypder II 212
Dunlop DB-01 Dime Crybaby From Hell Wah
BOSS PS-5 Super Shifter
BOSS DS-1 Distortion
The black beauty is (in my experience) heavier than the Standard, but it might have been just me. Also, the gold top has P-90s. Get a Standard, trust me, I own one and it's one the best of the three (in my opinion)
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
I'd say go for the Standard Plain-Top.

It's cheaper, and it's not a Mahogany-Alder sandwich.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
Play them and buy whichever one you prefer.

Whether its a Christmas present or not, not everything has to be wrapped and stuck at the end of your bed or under a tree on christmas day.