Well, since the Tone-/Volumepots on my Strat are not working how they should (tone are gone, volume's loose and noisy) and i somehow like the idea of an SSS-Strat (mine's a Squier Affinity Fat Strat), i decided to make it a different guitar.
I was just thinking that maybe the singlecoil at the bridge might not fit because of some reason. And because i just put knew strings on it a week ago i'm too lazy to take a quick look unter the pickguard myself..
So, first question: does it fit, a singlecoil instead of a humbucker (i really think it does, just wanna be sure)?
And, what pots should i buy? 250kOhms or 500kOhms? I want a bright.."funky" sound from my Strat.
Thanks guys!
Originally Posted by R_H_C_P
Well, the sunburst ones play better, but the white ones make you travel through time
Last edited by kle at Sep 27, 2006,
250k are brighter. The single coil will fit. Just get a new pickguard. Have you tried useing the neck pickup?
Sure. But the neck just doesn't sound anymore. It first sounds very bright (Tone 0..), then sounds like muted and then just turns bright again. I think this is because of the Tone-pots.
Well, the sunburst ones play better, but the white ones make you travel through time
No 500k pots are brighter. but you will want to use 250k because 500 will probably be too bright for single coils. also i think a single coil should fit in the humbucker space, but i dont know for sure.
So do you have anything interesting to play?
Hey you've sigged me! lol

Yea it's coz of your tone pots, happened on my strat a while ago, but it then stopped...

And the single coil will fit fine, you'll just need a new pickguard and to wire a few things.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Hey you've sigged me! lol

Your answer was too crazy, i could live without (;

I've got this problem since about one month now. No matter what i do, they just don't work anymore. It doesn't matter how "much" i turn them on (oh yeah.. ). They're just gone. And my new guitar hasn't arrived yet so I was just playing it over and over. And, i didn't like it that much before, but now i kinda love that guitar (yes guys, shredders etc, a Squier Affinity! )
I'll see what i'll do to it. i'm thinking about sanding it down (because of the big damage in the finish) repainting it. Or maybe just change pickups (Fender TexMex), pots and the switch.
Let's see what i can do...
rock on (:

Edit:
Here is she..
Last edited by kle at Sep 28, 2006,
As long as that guitars not ply, you have a pretty good base to start some crazy customising off
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Affinity Squiers are alder, and Standards are agathis, which is weird, cause Affinities are cheaper.
These go to eleven...
Well there you go. You've got a nice body and neck to start some work with.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
As long as that guitars not ply, you have a pretty good base to start some crazy customising off

Yeah, it's a really nice piece of wood (;
I'm just saving up a little so i can get all of the electronics at once and then...hey, ho, let's go..
actually it jsut sounds like a pot problem. once you get a pot you shoud leb set to go.

for a new pup config, grab a new pickguard, and just move all the elecs from the othero ne over to the new one and rewire hte bridge sc in where the hum was.
Well, just a little question. And an update too.
The update first:
The guitar looks worse (i like worse looking guitars...), and, once i looked at the electronics, purely out of interest what could be damaged, they worked again after i put it together again. Without doing anything other than putting the pickguard down.
Strange, isn't it?

And, now the question. Is the gear ratio tuning keys got just to see how hard/easy they go?

Thanks again.