would it be possible for me to plug my peavey 5150 into my peavey blues classic combo amp, and run only the speaker, is that safe? is it just a stupid idea? let me know. thanks guys.
I would NOT recommend it. Your 5150 head is probably too powerful for the classic's speakers. It would cause some damage.

You need a cab with a higher power rating than your head. Why higher? Because amps, especially tube amps like your peavey, can reach peak levels way in excess of the rated wattage.
^ yeah if it were a tiny combo then it would be a bad idea. But the combo he has is 100watt tube anyways, and the 5150 is only 20watts more. Besides, you dont actually push out the full 120watts...only a fraction of that even at gigging volume.
^ at full volume, though, you can be pumping out more than the rated wattage (as far as I know) with a valve amp...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ I've had my engl on full, and the closest house to me is about 10 yards away...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ exactly. meh, they can't say much. I don't play it often that loud, and I do it in like the middle of the afternoon. And plenty of them are loud in their own way, as I say, they can't say much (and haven't, bless 'em!)...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thanks guys, it just seemed like it could happen and i wasn't sure.