I want to get goo software for recording like Cubase and Protools.

But the problem is that there are so soo many versions that I get confused. Can u guys temme as to which latest version I shud get??

Im a n00b.
Quote by hendo123456789
invincibleneo - you are one of the only people in this thread that talk sense.
hhmmm... depends what your looking for, i just got pro tools 7.1 m-powered and it works pretty good for me!
Quote by gangsta4life
Oh i did that and I crapped out of my urethra. Its really not that big of a deal.

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.
wht is m-powered mean? Those parts confuses me...........
Quote by hendo123456789
is that a soundcard as well?
Quote by hendo123456789
Okay heres the low down.

Pro Tools is only compatible with Pro Tools hardware or certian M-Audio hardware. Now this means that if you plan on getting Pro Tools and using your current soundcard or interface you are out of luck, you will have to get an M-Audio interfcace of a DigiDesign interface.

Cubase will work with just about anything, and the differnet versions just offer different features. You need to read through the features. I'm sure Steinberg has some sort of comparison chart.
I have cubase Sx-3. But i hv prob amplitube. I cant launch amplitube in there. And I cant figure out why?

I have heard good things about pro-tools. Is there no way I can get it? Pro tools hardware = donglers?? Because donglers can b tackled.
Quote by hendo123456789
Quote by invincibleneo
I have cubase Sx-3. But i hv prob amplitube. I cant launch amplitube in there. And I cant figure out why?

I have heard good things about pro-tools. Is there no way I can get it? Pro tools hardware = donglers?? Because donglers can b tackled.

Uh uh, it's not exactly dongles, you could still launch pro tools but it is only compatible with a DigiDesign interface like a Digi 002, or the M-Powered version with an M-Audio interface. So you can't use your computers build in soundcard (Why would you if you're buying pro tools, or any other interface you may favor). Theres no way around this as far as I know, and any workaround would be extremely difficult.
Last edited by take_it_t at Sep 29, 2006,
Hmm is tht interface for better quality of recording or it just converts my guitar soundand gives pro tools the needed signals?

How does my guitar connect to tht USB interface?

Which cheap and decent soundcard do you recommend?
Quote by hendo123456789
The pro tools interface ranges from 500-2000.00 so it's going to offer a very high quality clear sound quality.

As for a simple interface I personally think you may want to check out the following.

A Line 6 Pod, Guitar Port, or Tone Port. They all function as USB interfaces it's just up to you to decide which ones right for you.

M-Audio Fast Track I have heard is good product, Theres also an M-Audio Jam Lab.

Look into those.
ProTools is only compatible with ProTools approved hardware, namely digidesign and m-audio products. If it doesn't say pro-tools on the box, then it isn't going to work. Pro-Tools is top of the line, industry standard in a lot of fields (but by no means required).
Quote by les_paul_01
In Soviet Russia, song copyrights you!
ok, So Im cool wid Cubase, I aint missing out on anything as such right?

Also to learn the basics the tutorial is cool?
Quote by hendo123456789