Hi
I can play in the E Natural minor scale very well up and down the fretboard. I was wondering which other scale I can play over this scale sort of to mix-n-match stuff. For example, while playing Em scale, i found that jumping to B minor pentatonic still sounded good. but A minor pentatonic sounded way-off.

thanks

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1936 Lead 2x12 Cab
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus

time is like a fuse; short and burning fast -- James Hetfield
If A Minor Pentatonic over E Minor sounds off to you, there's something wrong with your ear. A Minor Pentatonic contains only notes that are in the E Minor scale.

Other than that: Try E Minor Pentatonic, A Minor Pentatonic, B Minor Pentatonic, G Major Pentatonic, C Major Pentatonic, D Major Pentatonic.
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
Em=G

G major scales as well as Em scales will work.
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
you could also play the whole e natural minor scale and at the end of phrases what i like to do is throw in some harmonic minor. it gives it progression i think.
#1 Member of Some Made-Up UG Club
You can play: E Aeolian, F# Locrian, G Ionian, A Dorian, B Phrygian, C Lydian, D Mixolydian, E Minor Pentatonic, E Blues, A Minor Pentatonic, B Minor Pentatonic, G Major Pentatonic, C Major Pentatonic, and D Major Pentatonic.

Quote by elvenkindje
If A Minor Pentatonic over E Minor sounds off to you, there's something wrong with your ear. A Minor Pentatonic contains only notes that are in the E Minor scale.
It's probably because he put the emphasis on A. That won't sound good over Em.
^ Wow! Now I know which "other" scales to learn. Thanks.

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1936 Lead 2x12 Cab
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus

time is like a fuse; short and burning fast -- James Hetfield
the thing is...yeah you can play all those in that key....but what sounds the best...what style are you going for....its up to you
#1 Member of Some Made-Up UG Club
well it depends like you can i guess jump from the root note to the perfect fourth or perfect fifth and it would be fine... B is the 5th of E minor while A is the perfect fourth of E so yea it should sound right