I have noticed that I love songs that use a I V IV progression and I would like to hear more of them.

I'll start off the list by naming a few that I can think of

the who- baba oreilly
j geils band- love stinks
the pumpkins- today
and a bunch of meatloaf songs
"My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" -Mike Tyson
Quote by bTOMd
whats that mean?

It uses the First, Fourth and Fifth Chords of the Major Scale of that Key. i.e. E,A,B.

And to threadstarter there are so many songs that to start naming them would be stupid.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
^ You'r stupid. You don't deserve the puttsecks in your sig. AND YOUR AN 05'ER
And I prefer I IV V TRU PONX.
Quote by IrishBlues
It uses the First, Fourth and Fifth Chords of the Major Scale of that Key. i.e. E,A,B.

And to threadstarter there are so many songs that to start naming them would be stupid.

Im not asking for songs that use variations of the I IV V which would be millions of songs. Im only asking for songs that use I V IV in that exact order.
"My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" -Mike Tyson
I think he probably just found out what that means and is looking for a means to make himself feel better by making other people feel dumb.
I V IV, in that exact order? hmm...

Crazy Train verse
Never Let You Go (Third Eye Blind)
Wind Cries Mary verse (altho thats V IV I, the riff before the verse ends on a I, so it still has that same type of sound)
Still Haven't Found what I'm Looking For (U2) ditto

and to spice things up, some minor variants
Money (Pink Floyd) refrain (V iv i)
Since I've Been Loving You (Zep) refrain (V iv i)
Baba O'Riley by The Who
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.
A lot of people are still getting it wrong. Blitzkreig Bop is I IV V, and Wild Thing is I IV V IV. He's looking for I V IV.
Quote by wasp2020
A lot of people are still getting it wrong. Blitzkreig Bop is I IV V, and Wild Thing is I IV V IV. He's looking for I V IV.

Oh, well observed!
"A-hole" by Bowling for Soup.
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION
I V IV is a big jazz/12 bar blues progression...
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
The Thrill Is Gone - BB King
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve
Framus FR-212 Cab (Celestion Vintage 30's)

Dunlop Crybaby

Started playing May 28th 2005