I listened to this album the other day and LOVED the sound of the guitar throughout the CD. Particularly on "Pigs (Three Different Ones)." Can anyone tell me what guitar he used for this song?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
i think he used a 60s model strat, he hasnt really been known to use anything else (unless he playing accoustic), and he states this in a few interveiws.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
this months guitar world has a gilmour special in it tells you everything you could ever wanna know about his rig through the sixties to taday......anyway, its most likely the strat
Thanks a lot for that link! That answers any and all Pink Floyd guitar and settings questions I could ever think of. Tons of info on that site!

Thanks again.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Didn't Gilmour use a Fender Bassman head for most of that album? I'm pretty sure that's what gave him his dirty tone on the album. As for his guitar, it was either his Black Strat or I've also seen pictures of him using a Tele on the tour of Animals, so I can only assume it was used in the studio too.
Could somebody help me with the "Black Strat" that I couldnt find on that site? I'm trying to copy that as much as possible(with the insides, not the body or neck). I got '62 RI pots, would those work well to get a Gilmour sound? And then do I just need 3 single-coil Seymour Duncan pickups? I dont know much(or anything at all really) about the insides of guitars...so I have no idea what to look for or what to get that Gilmour has in his Black Strat.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You motorboatin son of a bitch.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Member of the Church of Gilmour

Dance, Kirby, dance!
(>")> <("< <( " )> (>"< <("^) (^")> <("v) (v")> (v"v) (^"v) (v"^) (^"^)