I have a dean performer acoustic-electric which i just got fro christmas this year. One day i plugged it in and it sound really distorted and kept fading in and fading out. This has never happened before and I have tried 2 different cables, 2 different amps and my toneport with all the same results. what is the problem?
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Hmm I hate acoustic electrics. For gigs I use regular acoustic and a mic next to my guitar. I had an acoustic electric and I HATED IT. Nothing but problems so I smashed it from my roof. That was more fun than ever playing it.
My gear:
-OLP MM2
-OLP practice amp 10w
-Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky Strings
-1.14 Everly Star Picks
Is the battery in the preamp still good? They are supposed to last for hours and hours, but that sounds like it might be the problem.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
This may be a stupid question but what is the preamp? My ele/acoustic just stopped working all together one day
Last edited by GsKoRn1 at Sep 27, 2006,
Quote by roamingbard13
Is the battery in the preamp still good? They are supposed to last for hours and hours, but that sounds like it might be the problem.

u know, now that u mention it, it is a little dimmer than it used to be, how much will it cost to fix this?
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

The cost of a battery.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Whatever a 9 volt battery costs...lol, like 3 or 4 dollars?

The preamp is what boosts the signal that the pickup is transmitting to your amp/pa/whatever. Most acoustic electrics will come with one that has an EQ and all sorts of nifty things attached to it. The battery normally lasts around 200 hours or so...which is a long time as it only gets turned on when your guitar is plugged in. Most factories will either install the battery right in the preamp or down next to the output jack. I believe they are all are run off the little rectangular 9 volt batteries.

Gear:
Yea mine has one then and it has a tunner too but the tunner works fine but it wont play for a amp so is it the battery or something els
The tuner is run off the same battery, so its probably not a problem with the battery. Does the cable sit firmly in the guitar? I would also check the volume levels on your preamp. I was having the same problem one time...till I turned the volume knob up.

Gear:
i thought that it had a special battery, good deal
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

roamingbard13 when i mess with the knobs nothing happens but there is sumthing moving around inside the guitar but im at school right now so i cant look to be sure but i think uts 2 cables that were glued to the side of the guitar and the plastic thing that was holding them came off...I thought it was the Metal thing under my saddle I think ita a pickup but im not sure?
It could be...the pick up looks like a metal ribbon.

Gear:
What kind of guitar is it? Just curious....

Anywho, bring it into the shop and have one of the techs look at it and fix it for you. Thats probably your best bet.

Gear: