Hey guys,

Me and my friend are going to be playing three songs at our schools Christmas dance. I will play one lead song while he does the rhythm ( I am playing Cliffs Of Dover, he ain't sure what he's gonna do yet ) and vice versa, then after the two individual songs we thought we could play a duet. But the thing is, we don't know which song to play.

Ideally we would want a song that is catchy and has a lot of harmonies and shows off our "flare" .

We are both quite good guitarists (both past grade 8) so we would be able to play quite a lot of songs ( Just don't give us anything by Michael Angleo )

We are open to all suggestions.

-AS-
Ibanez RG2570e Prestige
Fender® American Series Strat
Marshall AVT-50
BOSS GT8
Crafter T-035
Squire Strat
Admira Malaga Classical Guitar
Gould GS200CB
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Dimebag Crybaby

Proud member of the Scots of UG Society..
Past grade 8 as in grade 9? About the song, freebird has a dueley solo, its sweet
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
You can Play Cliffs of Dover??? good...

PLAY AVENGED SEVENFOLDS MIA
Quote by adr11iano
gain:9
treble:8
mids:5
bass:6
volume:0

this is the best when playing paramore
Thanks everyone for the replies, but we're looking for a song which has no vocals, such as Cliffs Of Dover but only with two lead guitarists. Cliffs Of Dover only has one lead guitarist so that's why he is playing the rhythm for me. I will be playing the rhythm for him on whichever song he plays. So can you help me come up with one with two lead guitarists that will impress ?

Keep the suggestions coming guys.

-AS-
Ibanez RG2570e Prestige
Marshall AVT-50
BOSS GT8
Crafter T-035
Squire Strat
Gould GS200CB
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Dimebag Crybaby

Quote by Aly_Sim
a song which has no vocals

Maybe one of Metallica's instrumentals, I mean, they're quite simple to play but fun (at least I enjoy playing Orion by myself ). And isn't the most important thing fun?
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
Agreed it would be fun. But, after I play Cliffs Of Dover and my friend plays (most likely) a Steve Vai song, a Metallica instumental would kinda be a ****ty ending to the performance. I would like to go out with a bang

-AS-
Ibanez RG2570e Prestige
Marshall AVT-50
BOSS GT8
Crafter T-035
Squire Strat
Gould GS200CB
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Dimebag Crybaby

^ Orion rocks \m/

Actually, so does To Live is to Die...

Actually, so does Call of the Ktulu
theres alot of good iron maiden for two guitars, even if they use three.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Thanks guys but I just came up with a new possibility. Instead of finding a song which has two guitars constantly playing solos (Purely on the fact that we can't find one ) we could play a song, say by Steve Vai, and just take turns at the solos ?

Do you think that would be good ?

If so, could you recommend songs please.

-AS-
Ibanez RG2570e Prestige
Marshall AVT-50
BOSS GT8
Crafter T-035
Squire Strat
Gould GS200CB
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Dimebag Crybaby

Quote by Aly_Sim
Agreed it would be fun. But, after I play Cliffs Of Dover and my friend plays (most likely) a Steve Vai song, a Metallica instumental would kinda be a ****ty ending to the performance. I would like to go out with a bang

-AS-

True dat. I don't know, maybe you could jam on Little Wing? You know, sort of like what SRV did, but you would take turns, like this:

AS: Intro
Drum beat
AS's Friend: Solo
Drum beat
AS: Solo
And so on

It would improve your improvisation skills, it would be as hard as you can play, give your best. Besides, almost everyone knows Little Wing, and it might catch the crowd's attention. Just took it out of the hat, sorry if it's a crappy idea

EDIT: Just read your post above me, seems like I hit the nail, right?
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
Yeah you did Garci

Yeah Little Wing would be cool to solo along to. I actually have the G3 DVD in Denver, and I'm sure they play Little Wing on it. I might watch it later on tonight and see if I can get some ideas. Cheers Garci.

Anyway, I'm still open to suggestions

-AS-
Ibanez RG2570e Prestige
Marshall AVT-50
BOSS GT8
Crafter T-035
Squire Strat
Gould GS200CB
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Dimebag Crybaby

honestly if its a christmas dance and you need all sorts of semi-advance guitar music without vocals.... I can't believe nobody mentioned The Transyberian Orchestra...man a tad bit slow on that call guys... :stickpoke
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300