classic rock used to be my favorite genre but now, i don't really listen to it that much. i'm much more into punk and 80's alt rock and the only CR stuff i listen to on occasion are Jimi Hendrix and The Beatles.

so... anyone got any ideas on how to bring me back into CR?
it goes in cycles. Ive had a punk cycle, country cycle, metal cycle, blues cycle, folk cycle, 80s pop cycle. But i always come back to CR, you'll eventually get back into it.
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
Last edited by Rock1986 at Sep 27, 2006,
Yeah I would say to listen to the roots of CR; the blues.
Megan Fox nude!

Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE
I only ever use allmusic.com to see what critics think of the bands and albums that I like.

In fact, because of allmusic.com, I'm inclined to download Paris Hilton's album.

On the topic though, It's not necessarily a bad thing to lose interest in CR. I only ever listen to Rush, and everything else I listen to ranges from Classical and Jazz to trip-hop to House.

You should embrace the music around you instead of cowering ino a single genre afraid of everything else.
For me, Classic Rock is the nucleus of my web of musical interests. It all started there for me so anything I get into other than that is a stem from it. I always have a connection with Classic Rock.

Like if I'm into 80's New Wave, if I listen to 5 cds a day...3 of them will be New Wave stuff with the other being something other than that.

I can't say I "lose interest" to where I dont' want to listen to it anymore...that's nonsense. But there are times I like some genres more than others.
Bow down to the king....the King of Kings
I assume that you've checked out glam rock like David Bowie, T. Rex, New York Dolls, etc.

Also, if you haven't, check out Squeeze. Kind of New Wave, I guess? But they have some great songs, you probably already know Tempted.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with being bored with CR, and while recommendations are nice, sometimes you get pleasantly surprised by a band you didn't expect.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out