im cheap but want to record my music
so.....
i got audicity cuz i heard that was good
now all i need is a good computer mic to but up to my amp or acoustic
any suggestions on a good clear computer mic that i could get it like best buys or hifi buys?
a suggestion: don't even think of putting a computer mic that close to your amp. you'll be good a couple of feet away with the acoustic and turning the volume way down on the amp and having the mic a good way away from the amp. about any mic will be good. record with the mic far away, see how loud it is, then adjust accordingly.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
A good clear computer mic for recording does not exist. I have used a USB Logitech headset years ago to record vocals. But that is not hte best way to go your better of getting an SM57 just an overall versitile mic.
computer mics are designed for capturing vocal frequencies,wouldn't do you good for recording...get one of those shure SM57's like everybody suggests
Quote by DeathDealer
computer mics are designed for capturing vocal frequencies,wouldn't do you good for recording...get one of those shure SM57's like everybody suggests

I'm new to recording stuff..I have the trial version for a recording software called Sony Acid, I was wondering if this Shure SM57 mic could be hooked up to the computer and if I would have to buy any seperate adaptors in order to do so.
Quote by aluminum.maiden
you are a BEAST Crovox
Quote by UndeadPaperclip
I think I've gained so many gay points reading the past 3 pages of this thread that if I gave another man a blowjob I'd actually lose some.
Member #23 of the official Alkaline Trio Fan Club. PM greenfinger182 to join.
you'd have to buy some sort of preamp with xlr inputs, ya know the black plugs with the 3 little holes, i'd recomend a 1 input computer interface, like 1 guitar and 1 xlr, so maybe the line 6 toneport ux1, or if you find somethin similar but cheaper.
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"