I play mostly hard rock e.g. deftones and some punk.

What would be some good pickups to upgrade???

Any help would be great!!!
What is your budget for the pups? Also as a side note. I have a friend who is ordering that guitar through guitar Center. I just want to know if it sieven worth it?
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
gibson dirty fingers are good for punk..... EMG's are good for basicly everything (81B, 60N)..... Seymour Duncan's are usually good too.

really depend's on how you like 'em to sound.
Well, being that I paid about 200 for it, I don't want to spend too much on the pups. Like maybe 100 bucks. I like the guitar the pups are just ****e. Your friend will like it, inexpensive and easy to use. Thanks for the posts!
"Do not dress like an "emo," especially if you are tired of punks being considered emos." - Wikihow.com

My gear:

Epiphone SG-310
BOSS DS-1
Fender Frontman 15G

Noob and Poor
I say go with a set of low priced Duncans. Not that they are crazy expensive anyway. I'll check around for a good set in a second. Thanks for answering my question.

Edit: Take that back. I heard good things about the Air Norton for the neck and Tone Zone for the bridge. Mind you I am no expert so if someone else has anything better to say give them a listen to.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Last edited by OsirisProtocol at Sep 27, 2006,
Thanks man, any help would be great.
"Do not dress like an "emo," especially if you are tired of punks being considered emos." - Wikihow.com

My gear:

Epiphone SG-310
BOSS DS-1
Fender Frontman 15G

Noob and Poor
I think its about $18-$20 over $100. But worth it. Dude change your sig man. Be proud of your gear. Don't call it ****ty.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Check out GFS pups at

http://store.guitarfetish.com/

EDIT: I should add that I bought a retrotron hot nashville pup for the bridge on my agile lp and it sounded good. Clear and crispy, very good crunch. Later I put emgs on the guitar. I'm planning to put that retro pup on my sx mockingbird.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Last edited by OldRocker at Sep 27, 2006,
There was a thread on another forum not sure if I am allowed to post a link. But a guy replaced his stock pups with GFS lipstick pups. They sound nothing short of amazing. If you want a link pm me.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Quote by OsirisProtocol
There was a thread on another forum not sure if I am allowed to post a link. But a guy replaced his stock pups with GFS lipstick pups. They sound nothing short of amazing. If you want a link pm me.

They did sound great, I think eventually I will go with the GFS, thanks

My gear:

Epiphone SG-310
BOSS DS-1
Fender Frontman 15G

Noob and Poor
Quote by Brian Sastre
They did sound great, I think eventually I will go with the GFS, thanks

Lots of pups to choose from.

check out the retrotron line where I got mine. They have sound clips of them. Mine's hot nashville for the bridge dirty and clean.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
dimarzio super distortion
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...