Pentatonic scale is a 5 note scale.

Minor pentatonic, which makes up 95% of blues solos and 85% (apprx) rock solos, consists of the 1, m3, 4, 5, and m7 of a key. If that doesn't make any sense to you, try this shape:

------------------------------------5--8
------------------------------5--8
------------------------5--7----
-----------------5--7-----------
----------5--7------------------
---5--8-------------------------

There are bunches of lessons on this on UG, try a search or 2 on soloing.
Last edited by coffeeguy9 at Sep 27, 2006,
Nevermind.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Pentatonic scale is a 5 note scale.

Minor pentatonic, which makes up 95% of blues solos and 85% (apprx) rock solos, consists of the 1, m3, 4, 5, and m7 of a key. If that doesn't make any sense to you, try this shape:

So the C(maj) scale is

C D E F G A B C

the C(maj) Pentatonic scale would be

C E F G B ?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3mBGODdzzVw

Quote by fenderfreak101

And by "Talk to girls," I mean "There once was this tootally cool girl on Xbox Live and we chatted about what level Wizardgammot we are in D & D"
Quote by Billy Talented
So the C(maj) scale is

C D E F G A B C

the C(maj) Pentatonic scale would be

C E F G B ?

No.. C - E - F - G - B would be 1 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 7 in reference to the major scale. The major pentatonic in reference to the major scale is 1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 6, so your C Major pentatonic scale would comprise of C - D - E - G - A.

Coffeeguy explained the minor pentatonic in reference to the major scale, which is 1 - b3 - 4 - 5 - b7.. making C Minor pentatonic C - Eb - F - G - Bb.
Pentatonic is five tones per octave. greeks were first to use it back in ancient times which is probably why it has become one of the most common form of scales in music. dunno if other ppl answered, just thought i'd share anyways.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!