im thinking of buying a pedal. ive never had a pedal before and arnt really sure what to look for. i was wondering what they do, how they change your sound and thast kinda stuff pretty much, also which one to buy would help

Cheers

Elton
yeah i have the RP80, its got lots of cool little things, its actually quite effeciant and really easy 2 use, and sounds alright to top it off
God am i devilishly good looking
Quote by Gitter_Wizard
what kinda amp? maybe take a look at the digitech rp 80. great starter pedal. cheap too. deace sounds.

it's like you read my mind!!!

im thinking about the rp80, it really is a good pedal? i want some good distortion and wah.....does it have that?

orr......if i have the cash, should i go with the rp200A?
if you have hella bread, go for the GNX3. Best damn multi I've ever played. I had one but sold it on the promise of getting a 4. worst mistake of my life.
Native Pride

Better to reign in hell

Member of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join, luthier's only
Member of The Future Embrace, UG's Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins fan club. PM musiclover2399 to join .
Quote by old_fart
ive got a marshall micro 22, i bought it off the school janitor for 50 buks and im not too sure wheather or not you can plug a pedal in or not, heres a couple of pics of the amp...

You can use a pedal with any amp. You can run your guitar into the pedal and then out of the pedal into the amp, or you can put the pedal in the effects loop of your amp if you have one.

Pedals range from doing very specific things (like Wah) or everything (like a multieffects pedal).
Quote by i_baked_cookies
You can use a pedal with any amp. You can run your guitar into the pedal and then out of the pedal into the amp, or you can put the pedal in the effects loop of your amp if you have one.

Pedals range from doing very specific things (like Wah) or everything (like a multieffects pedal).

yeh i would rather have a multieffects pedal or something so i can stuff around with the sounds and it dosnt really have to be that great (im not like a pro guitar guy or anything) how much would a pedal like that cost?
Quote by old_fart
yeh i would rather have a multieffects pedal or something so i can stuff around with the sounds and it dosnt really have to be that great (im not like a pro guitar guy or anything) how much would a pedal like that cost?

Multieffects can run you from a little (a ZOOM or a small Korg Toneworks) to a lot (Eventide). I'd get a Korg Toneworks AX10G, as it's inexpensive, has a lot of effects and amp models, and it sounds good. It's one of the multieffects I'm looking at. If you can afford it, I'd also check out Boss's multieffects. They're awesome, and there's so many effects in them.
Quote by old_fart

I have two Zoom products, a GFX5 Effects Board (about 200 dollars) and a Fire 38 Combo amp.

Both products offer amazing sound for the price, but they take a lot, and I mean a lot of tinkering around with.

So I would think other Zoom products might live up to what I've seen. But then again, once you wonder into the cheapie ones, you never know.
Ive had the digitech rp 80 about a year now and our guitarist at church uses the rp50. I think for the money(aobut $75) the rp 80 is a good choice. The one thing i did learn when i bought it, It does so many things it became a distraction. I practiced less and played with the pedal more. Just somehting to keep in mind.
What kind of amp is that? It looks like a bass amp.
FlickR
iBanez Rg550 20th Anniversary.
iBanez GRG170DX W/ Dimarzio Steve's Special
VTM 60 Tube Head
Carvin Legacy Vai Cabinet 4x12 Cabinet
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah
yeh... i bought it off the school janitor, he used to played bass through it... i think it could possibly be a bass amp (its quiet bassy) but probly not. i play guitar through it and its sounds pretty good but i cant really find anything about the amp on the net. Has anyone seen one before?
^No it isn't !!

Anyways, sometime said Eventide up there....... well that's is a VERY nice MULTI FX.... problem is ,...... it costs 80 time the amp you bought, threadstarter.........

Anyway, get a wah pedal !!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
The thing wrong with multi-effects pedals is that they have so many things in them, that they only sound good with multiple effects. For single effects on a multi effects pedal you may be better off with a single specific pedal to do that. I do suggest the Digitech RP-80, if you want it. If you want a single pedal go for the BOSS DS-2 or a wah pedal.
Sent from my iPad.
Single Effects > Multi Effects
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
^You rock man !!!

Get the DS-1 if you like Vai, get it modded, (all you need is a solder and some wrenches)
Perfect sound !! (unless you've heard tubes and stuff)

Or a Wah !!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Quote by bluespunkmetal
^You rock man !!!!

Oh you know it ahah.
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
a boss ds-1 would be a good starting pedal, if you're not a tone freak.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!