i need to know, in your opinion, what would be the best(affordable, please) microphone for playing an acoustic guitar live?

Im looking for something around $50, if that is possible.

I'm planning on putting it through a mixer and then through two small PA speakers, along with a vocals microphone(but i've already got that covered).

thanks a lot.
Catcher In The Rye Is One Of The Best Books Ever Club

member #1 of the jim belushi club
I don't know much about this stuff...
Obviously it would help if you had an electric acoustic lol.
Another vocals mic should be fine for an acoustic I think. The SM58 is used by alot of metal/hardcore vocalists :p .
hah, just what i need for folk music.
Catcher In The Rye Is One Of The Best Books Ever Club

member #1 of the jim belushi club
A very good way to spend money; http://carvin.com/products/single.php?ItemNumber=M68

will do much more than just that - honestly just as good as an SM58 and I have no problem saying that

They used to be about the same price, but Carvin dropped the price $10

of course this is what you're looking for : http://www.carvin.com/products/single.php?ItemNumber=M50&CID=MIC

those are the best you can do without going used
-Mike
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Check out Behringer mics. Great bang for your buck!

Behringers aren't amazing "bang for your buck", they're just cheap. Carvin will give you a higher quality product.
-Mike
I use a 40buck Sony and it's OK
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Quote by HopePoisoned
Behringers aren't amazing "bang for your buck", they're just cheap. Carvin will give you a higher quality product.

Berhinger stuff (anything but guitars and guitar amps) is actually all pretty good stuff for the price. My friend bought a few Behringer condenser mics and they sound really good. For $60 for the pair...theyre damn good.
I wouldn't buy a condenser for this...they're nice in a studio setting, but generally too sensitive for live stuff...they feedback too easily.
I'd use two SM57's.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
I wouldn't buy a condenser for this...they're nice in a studio setting, but generally too sensitive for live stuff...they feedback too easily.
I'd use two SM57's.

Good idea but way above price range for him.

SM-57 is VERY similar to SM-58. SM-58 is pretty much just the Carvin CM-68. They're all fine choices, but he's got 50 to spend.
-Mike