I am currently in a full band, but I was interested in recording some tracks just made solely by myself. I wanted to make it different than anything my band would play, so I'm still not sure if I enjoy it or not. These songs aren't meant to be amazing, nor is the name "8 days in space'' that permanent. I'd like to know what you guys think, and i'll crit back.

All instrumental, recorded using Fruity Loops 6.0.

Myspace!

I know for a fact that Escaliers works on the Myspace, but you may need to use http://www.purevolume.com/therainandsnow to get "The Relief Key" to work.
AIM - JanesAdd1cti0n

The Rain And Snow

We've been reduced to ruin in this noncalibrated earth that has stumbled upon us.
Last edited by Mapsand01 at Oct 2, 2006,
I'll crit 'From the hollow tree'. I like the fuzz bass you used, and the indian sounding scale. Didnt care too much for the tone of that first strummed guitar you brought in tho, seemed to clash pretty hard. Overall not a bad track mate.
Ecalier's pretty nice. I like the recording quality - it's pretty clear cut. The bass is nice and fuzzy - thas' coo'

Good guitar tone. The melody's pretty strong, and the song has a nice, laid-back, party-ish driving force. Almost surf-like, even
Thank you for the crits, more are welcome. And yes Explosions in the Sky is one of my influences... It'd be good if you guys critted "The Relief Key" and "Escalier".
AIM - JanesAdd1cti0n

The Rain And Snow

We've been reduced to ruin in this noncalibrated earth that has stumbled upon us.
the songs arent working for me! damn myspace! ill come back tommorow see if it wants to work. its likely something to do with my computer so dont worry.

wait, escailer works.

backing sounds really midi-ish, but it IS catchy
needs to be mixed better as the guitar sounds a bit too overpowering and 'in your face' for me. tone could be better on the guitar, it just doesnt sound pleasing in some parts. did you mic your amp? if so what amp is it? cause i dont like it. a couple of dodgey bends here and there too at the end of the song.
Last edited by NeptuneUK at Oct 2, 2006,
Listening to Relief Key,

Phrasing is decent, backing track needs something more.
I was left waiting for something extra to come in the whole song, it was all the same to me.
It would be better if drums and bass came in like halfway.
The higher guitar playing gets really sketchy at the end, I didnt feel like you were following the chords well, and the bends were meh. Its really long and drawn out, with no real climax or anything, its pretty pedestrian.

I'm not feeling escalier, it sounds way too computerized, the drums dont sound very natural, the bass is really, ugh. The tone on the guitar is bad, and it doesnt really have any punchiness in the right places, its pretty dull. Try redoing the settings, there wasnt really enough high end on the guitar. And, work on your playing, try to find those sweet spots, and add a bitta vibrato. It gets really pitchy later in the song.

The production, and mixing on both songs needs a lot of work, and I didnt especially enjoy either.

I not trying to be a dick, just being honest.
BOLD.