what is the music theory and what does it teach you, like scales, solos, and to build speed???
Quote by Invictious
Wha...? Ask the local guitar shop for servicing?
They are ugly and bastards there though...
£30

That's outrageous.
Their penis is small too, and I am not that desperate
No thanks.
Doesn't teach you speed, it helps you know what things go together and why. You can't improvise without a decent understanding of some scales to use and chord progressions and whatnot. Also helps with writing songs.
what do i need to do to help build up speed?? one of those like 30 hour workout things....
Quote by Invictious
£30

That's outrageous.
No thanks.
This thread make me laff.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
With speed just do a lot of exercises, learn some songs, that kind of thing. But make sure you do it slowly first so when you speed it up, you can still hear every note well. You don't want to be able to play fast but have it sound like you're raping a cat because it's so sloppy. And btw, that was a pretty basic definition of theory. If you want to learn a lot of theory it will probably take you years just so you know. It's not like a song where you may take a couple days to a week or 2 to learn.
Quote by spitfyr36
what is the music theory and what does it teach you, like scales, solos, and to build speed???

The music theory? lol. It's not one thing. If you can read music, you know basic music theory. If you can count rhythms, you know basic music theory. Other parts of music theory are scale and chord construction, that is, knowing what intervals make up those chords and scales. Also, it includes chord progressions, or what chords sound good with others, and can build up tension, and then resolve.
well i know its not just like one thing i've looked at it i was more wondering what it helps you with... im not completely stupid
Quote by Invictious
£30

That's outrageous.
No thanks.
It helps you understand and write/improvise/play in general better (most of the time).
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Quote by spitfyr36
well i know its not just like one thing i've looked at it i was more wondering what it helps you with... im not completely stupid

It will make you understand music clearly. Unfortunately, once you know any music theory, you'll never listen to music the same way again. It's certainly a different way of listening, and you'll end up analyzing the song until you have it ingrained in your mind. Once that's all done, you can casually listen to it again.