I have really, really, REALLY, been wanting to try out a Randall RH150 G3 Series Amp Head but i cant find any place that sells them around my area. Im looking for a really good heavy metal amp with a lot of bassy tone and from reviews and talking to people i have decided that Randall is the way to go. So, is this specific amp good or not? I have bought many items (mainly foot pedals) of the internet and they almost ALWAYS are never what i expected them to be. The only items that i got and were good were my Line 6 Spider 2 Combo Amp and my Epiphone Gothic Les Paul (but i had already tried these out before i bought them). My dad wont let me get anything (especially an amp worth up to $500-$700) online without trying it first and i just found out that the nearest store is 6 HOURS AWAY! Any suggestions? Are they good enough to trust, should i keep looking for any new places around my area that sell Randall, or should i just give up and look for a new amp?

Thanks.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
I have an RG75 combo... you will fall in love with the gain on Randalls.

Some have a problem with breaking down so I suggest that you try to find one that you can try out... and buy it from somewhere that you can take it back.

But they are very good for solid state amps.
Quote by GoddamnElectric
I have an RG75 combo... you will fall in love with the gain on Randalls.

Some have a problem with breaking down so I suggest that you try to find one that you can try out... and buy it from somewhere that you can take it back.

But they are very good for solid state amps.

Perhaps the ONLY good solid state amps maybe...

seriously, 95% of all solid state heads suck.... but Randalls, no. Of course there are some people who won't agree, and rightfully so, the sound and uniqueness isn't for everyone. Just play one and see if you like it or not. Either you will love it or you will hate it.

Personally, I haven't found a better sound.
Hmm. This is what im talking about. Everybody is giving them good reviews and they sound like the kind of amp i want its just that i still have a little tiny piece of mind thats worrying that it wont be what its cracked up to be. Also my dad wont let me get it unless i HAVE tried it.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
Quote by HedBanger24/7
Hmm. This is what im talking about. Everybody is giving them good reviews and they sound like the kind of amp i want its just that i still have a little tiny piece of mind thats worrying that it wont be what its cracked up to be. Also my dad wont let me get it unless i HAVE tried it.

I wish you were in a position to try it... hmm, just tell your dad that your friend has it and you tried it and it's sweet. And, if for some reason you don't like it, or the distortion isn't as you want it to be, you can always buy an EQ pedal to vastly open up the range of distortion sounds you can get from it.
I have an RG50TC, but I can't say what their solid state amps are like. If my amp is anything to go by, Randall = awesome.
I picked up one of those amps a few months ago here in Canada and I LOVE it. I had dreams of getting a Boogie and knowing I'd probably never be able to afford one. And then I started looking at used ones..... and I tried one that was really nice, but still about 2x my price range.

And then I tried the Randall RH150 G3. Sweet! Brand new and in my price range. I like it every bit as much as the Boogies I tried.

One caveat... the cabinet you plug it into matters a lot. The 4x12 stock cabinet that the store had it plugged into (sadly, also a Randall, and presumably a matching cabinet), sucked ass. The speakers rattled inside when you palm-muted some of the lower notes. I plugged it into my 2x12 closed-backed Yorkville cabinet, and it was so tight and punchy.

Unfortunately, I have no recordings made with it yet, though.

Chris
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
I tried the G3... it was really rad, very unique, but rad.

Its possibly one of the best SS amps ever..
With a few old discontinued amps, and of course a roland JC, as competition (of course, the amps are completly differnent, but good SS eitherway.)

I also dug the MTS series, which was extremely versatile, and sounds great to boot.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
One of my local music stores (Merriam Music) sells randalls almost exclusively, and i asked them to set me up with their dirtiest amp when they had their blowout sale, and almost without thinking they brought me the coveted Warhead. While I was playing i couldn't for the life of me get Dimebags tone, and my brother being a hardcore dime fan was disgusted and immediatly tweaked a Randall G3 to get the Dime sound better than the warhead!?!?! It's a pretty good amp if you ask me.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by LightningRider
One of my local music stores (Merriam Music) sells randalls almost exclusively, and i asked them to set me up with their dirtiest amp when they had their blowout sale, and almost without thinking they brought me the coveted Warhead. While I was playing i couldn't for the life of me get Dimebags tone, and my brother being a hardcore dime fan was disgusted and immediatly tweaked a Randall G3 to get the Dime sound better than the warhead!?!?! It's a pretty good amp if you ask me.

Yah.. the warhead is suprisingly dark for Dimes signature..
of course he only used them live..
I prefer the G3's for the dime tone...
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by deemoe4tweezy
Have any of you ever played a krankestein yet......I just wanna know how they sound

Why do you keep on asking that?
Quote by deemoe4tweezy
Have any of you ever played a krankestein yet......I just wanna know how they sound

dude, krankenstein sucks. not even dime liked it.