Okay, first of, I'm so sorry for asking this but I'm a newb so excuse me.

Fast forward to around 1:00 and at 1:04 the guitar sounds like it is squeeling and it sounds (IMO) sexy.

Is it a string bend ? Or is it because of his amp or guitar? Like lots of sustain ? Iono...maybe he has a tiny bit fo delay effect ?

here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXSYeaBbTTM
its called vibrato. Just bend the string slightly mulitple times. Or if you have a tremolo, just use it
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
It's a pinch harmonic with vibrato, a combination (a very common combination) of two tecniques. Vibrato is simply done by moving the string up and down very rapidly by sort of "shaking" your hand very rapidly while holding the note.

Pinch harmonics are somewhat more challenging to do. Here is a lesson explaining it all.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/guitar_techniques/pinch_harmonics.html
Yeah I know how to get natural harmonics off the 5th 7th and 12th fret but when I try to make it squeel like hammering it down it doesn't sound anything like I want it to sound like.

I guess it's because this is a 100 dollar guitar with 3 single coils lol.

Oh well I'll give it a shot again when the Ibanez arrives.
vibrato is easy
I am #22 in the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS club. PM Revelations to join! Founder and president of the We Love future rock god Club PM me to join!
Quote by future rock god
gotta say, u'r the only acceptable sept 06er, ever, and u like maiden, major cool points
id say pinched harmonic
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by Reez
Yeah I know how to get natural harmonics off the 5th 7th and 12th fret but when I try to make it squeel like hammering it down it doesn't sound anything like I want it to sound like.

I guess it's because this is a 100 dollar guitar with 3 single coils lol.

Oh well I'll give it a shot again when the Ibanez arrives.

You can get pinch harmonics on ANY guitar.

What you do is play the string with both your thumb and the pick at the same time.

Practice with it, when you get it down it's easy.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
after I hit the string with my pick and thumb, do I just hammer-on at the point of a natural harmonic and bend or do a vibrato there ?

Or do I have to do all 3 steps almost instantly ?

Where would be better to hammer on the point of a found harmonic, right behind the fret or right infront of it ? Or maybe it's better to use two fingers and trap the fret bar ?
There's no hammering involved.

Just pick the string, you'll know when you do it right.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
forget about natural harmonics. You can do a pinch harmonic just about with every fret on the guitar. Start out by giving your guitar a lot of high end tone by switching to the bridge pickup and bring up the distortion.

Start out by picking the same note. Choke up on your pick so that only the very tip is sticking out between your fingers. Strike the string with the pick and your finger at the same time. Keep doing this and picking the string at different places (with a strat style guitar I've found success picking above or slightly behind the neck pickup) until you start hearing some squeals.
You don't wanna cream when you hear a pinch harmonic?

Loser

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If your talking about 1:04 then it was defintley a pinch harmonic
Amp/Effects:

Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Tc-Electronic G-system
Line6 DM4

Guitars:

EBMM JP6 BFR
EBMM JP7
Taylor 314ce
Quote by frenchyfungus
You don't wanna cream when you hear a pinch harmonic?

Loser

I know what you mean. ...

And it was a pinch harmonic.
Yeah dude, that is definately a pinch harmonic. Almost mandatory to know if you wanna play some good metal or something. I'll try and explain how to do it, they way I do it. Which is a little different then I how I hear it explained all the time.

So, you have your pick (Thicker picks, for me, make it easier to pull of pinch harmonics. I personally use 2.00mm picks.) and most people will tell you to hold your pick WAY down near the end of it. Well, I hate holding my pick like that so this is how I do it: I hold my pick, in the way it feels most comfortable to me. I hold me pick the exact same way when I'm strumming all 6 strings, or when I decide to go solo crazy, with a pinch harmonic scattared every which way. So yeah, hold the pick how you want to. When you first start learning how to do PH's (That's what I'll call 'em from now on) You wanna start on the 3rd string from the bottem. You can do PHs pretty much anywhere on the neck, though some places are harder then others. I find the easiest place to pull one off, is on the 4th fret, of the 3rd string.

When you go to pluck the string, try to get some part of your thumb to hit the string IMMEDIATLY after your pick does. I use the outside edge of my thumb, on the corner of my knuckle, so I end up tilting my wrist in some weird way, and when you do PHs, vibrato the string, you'll get a real nice scream of out of the string if you do it right.

Hope that helped...