uh....no. I hit mine all the time it doesnt do **** to 'em
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
What would happen if you put a magnet by the pickups? WIll it get all ****ed up like as if you put a magnet near your computer screen ?
Quote by Reez
What would happen if you put a magnet by the pickups? WIll it get all ****ed up like as if you put a magnet near your computer screen ?

try it and get back to us
I've put my cell phone in front of mine, with lots of distortion. It makes the coolest gizmo weird sounds ever. Same with my 2.4 ghz cordless home phone.
Quote by Reez

it makes wierd noises, no damage aparent afterwards though.
http://www.last.fm/user/louman61/
My Band

Quote by Next Hendrix
You know you're a guitar player when your girlfriend says she got a new g-string and you ask " Is it nickel-wound or bronze phosphorous?"
i dont think that hitting them with your pick will barly eve faze it, dont worry about it

-b@man
The only way to really damage them is to get them soaked, really. There are other ways, but they're so unlikely they aren't even worth mentioning.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Reez

No, i put a magnent on my strat pups after cuiriosity j/ before i got rid of it and nothing happend. about the pick, it wont do anyting either.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
a friend of mine plays his ipod on his amp by putting earbuds on his pickups. sounds funny with FX :P
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Quote by Kartman
The only way to really damage them is to get them soaked, really. There are other ways, but they're so unlikely they aren't even worth mentioning.

Like, for example, a Nordic Battleaxe flying into them, a car running over them, dropping them in a volcano, being devoured by a giant mythological beast...
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
"your single coils of +7 cleans are no match for my hammer of +12 destruction!"

mehhh
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by IndieMetalhead
"your single coils of +7 cleans are no match for my hammer of +12 destruction!"

mehhh

Is that a Durable Mantle of Repraisal in your pants, or are you just happy to see me?
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Bwahaha xD
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores