OK so im am just about convinced to get one from a bit of research and im starting to like the look of this beast-none of the music shops round me have one in-does anyone have a demo mp3 or band song with an example of it?. I dont know any famous players who endorse it.

..God the bass community is much cooler than the drummer and guitarists-they act like poo's to each other! Kudos to y'all
If you're into the whole Nu-Metal scene, look at fieldy from KoRn. He plays a K5, which is basically an SR505 with his name on it. Thats about the only famous player I could think of right now. If you happen to find MetalUpTheAss on here, he had sound clips of his SR506, which should sound the same as the SR505. If I'm wrong, metal, sorry!
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
You know what i really wish...if they had BLACK for every ibanez...then they'd make sooooo much more money..
Quote by Your41Plague12
If you're into the whole Nu-Metal scene, look at fieldy from KoRn. He plays a K5, which is basically an SR505 with his name on it. Thats about the only famous player I could think of right now. If you happen to find MetalUpTheAss on here, he had sound clips of his SR506, which should sound the same as the SR505. If I'm wrong, metal, sorry!

i looked at his page and it doesnt have any bass on it.
Quote by BassSurfer
thread starter... dident i pm you my choices? lol

yeah man thanks for that. 99% about to get the 505 so cheers to all.
OOOOH MAN! you're asking for it buddy.

you did NOT just make an SR505 thread and expect me NOT to reply

first off, bassist of Angra uses it, and a lot of lesser known bands.

NOW: Reasons why i think buying it is a very good idea:

1) Very fast playing bass

2) VERY good price

3) 3 band active preamp (bass,mid,treble, also Vol and Blend)

4) nice looking finish (one of few flaws is finish wears a bit easy, but i like the wear and tear)

5) It's got one of the thinnest 5 string string spacings you can get on a mass produced bass, some love that some dont, i love it.

6) REALLY fast neck, and nice woods too

7) if new, come's with elixir strings, amazingly long lasting

8) Bartolini pickups (GREAT pups)

9) 2 humbuckers, which is nice

10) This bridge, altho not fantastic, is much better than what you'll find on many simaliry priced basses

11) The best bass to compare this too, imo, is the 5 string warwick corvette, and let me tell you, the 'vette has only 2 Band preamp (bass, treble), MEC Pups (which are usually considered below barts), a iffy nut (if its the adjustable nut, theyre said to break easy), and here's the kicker: The 'vette can cost you around 2x as much as the 505. The lowest i've ever seen a new 'vette is 1,300 cdn (the sr505 is 680ish cdn new i think).

Also: if you buy used, try to get it as new as possible, not only for obvious reasons, but also to ensure you have Bartolini pickups, and hopefully elixir strings.