ok so i am writing about Steve Vai and i have to mention what the music scene was like in the early nineties, ie. what style was it dominated by.
i was around then so i figured some of you guys might know from experience.
tell us what you think.
peace.
I was about 3 or 4 years old but from what i hear nirvana and kurt cobain were pretty big.
also stuff like soundgarden, pearl jam, etc.
(Nirvana, pearl jam Grunge)Chili peppers, seattle music scene and then theres the usual pop filled charts.
- Satch is awsome -
People always go on about the 3 big guitar albums of 1991: Nirvana's Nevermind, Metallica's self-titled album (aka 'The Black Album') and Red Hot Chili Pepper's Blood Sugar Sex Magick. They're pretty much the reason the rest of American music in the 90's was the way it was.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
im not 100% sure, but i think early 90's was also a time when some rap was becoming more mainstream. stuff like tupac and snoop dogg were out at that time if i remember correctly (its possible i dont). run dmc was earlier bringing rap to mainstream, but i would have to say that i think rap was getting pretty big during the early 90s. obviously everyone else is mentioning grunge, so i figured id give you a bit of something else.