Im getting some fret buzz on my 5th string at the 12th fret and ive raised the action almost as high as possible, the buzz is mostly gone but still there enough to be annoying also i dont really like it being that high. what could be causing this?
your neck is distorted?
"no fightin'"
Ibanez Rg350dx
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss Super overdrive
Ashdown Fallen Angel FA40DSP
I dont think so, it has a very slight upward bend. If it helps any when i bend the string upwards the buzz becomes worse and if i bend it downwards the buzz goes completely.
a dead fret. do u notice a kink or a high fret in that area?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
the strings are new, thats when the problem arose, right after they were put on.
well sometimes, new strings are a different gauge.
or maybe u took all the strings off at once and the neck relaxed a bit.

a high fret, maybe wasnt a problem before when the neck was curved, is getting rubbed now that the neck stretched out.

Fret the Low E at the first fret. at the same time,
Fret the Low E at the last fret, where the neck and body meet.

with both places held, look at the middle frets. about 7-9th.

if the string lays on the fretwire there u dont have enough bend.
if the string is more than a creditcards thickness up from the wire there, u have too much bend.

measure and repost.

also with type of guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

at say 9th fret its about half the thickness of a card high

the guitar is a lancwood elite. real cheap one i bought to learn on.
well, sounds like the neck is ok.
so again, i think one of the frets is a little high.

to compensate for it. you might want to add some more bend anyway.
if u wanted to adjust ur truss rod, that would be a 1/8" turn in a Counter Clockwise direction, after u detune the strings a little.

that's a very small turn. you would turn let the guitar sit an hour then retune and remeasure.
if it still needed more bend u could turn anouther 1/8".

dont force a turn, and repost with any questions.

another way to adjust, would be to get the next thicker gauge up from what ur using now.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

what if i put thinner strings on, would that make it worse? or harder to eliminate the buzz?
thinner strings would probably make it worse.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

ok so i gave it a little more bend now the gap is about the same thickness as a card if not a alittle more. and still no joy
well if its just the one fret.
u can try a light tap in with a rubber hammer on the fret.
i dont like to suggest this tho because some guys mash the fret and leave a little dent in it.

then uve got a dead fret that buzzes when u try to bend or fret there.

basically, like u said it's a low end guitar. some buzz is going to be there. hopefully its not thru the amp.

i suggest u lower the action to where u like it. and guessing its a TOM bridge, which is why all the strings had to be raised, i would either try a light fret tap in, or i would wedge a bit of paper under the string at the nut cut, for that string. just enough to raise only that string, and clear the fret.

either that, or i would try the thicker gauge.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62