Hello guys!
I play for around 1 year now, and I'm starting to get stressed. I know pretty much the same things I knew 3 months ago, I'm stuck at a point where I can't improve more. I'm not good, I'm far behind of what I should be at 1 year playing, for example, I can't play the Fade to Black intro solo without mistakes, I can play it all without mistakes except for that "fast part". I can't play the Stricken solo from Disturbed, the part I can play from the solo I could play it 4 months ago, I am really not improving a bit.
This is getting me desperated, is there a point where you can't improve more if you are not talented or something? Can you tell me songs I should attempt to play through?
Thanks
My Gear

Guitars:
- Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
- Ibanex GRX40
Amps:
- Roland Cube 60
- Fender Frontman 15R
you should spend some more time on practicing it slowly and then fast once every five runs through or so.
yea. im kinda the same.
I havent been playing for a year, mabie 3-4 months.
Do you have to work hard at nearly every 'skill' (typing is a good example) you try to acquire? I'm kinda like that. Its not that I'm a crap thinker, it's just that my brain doesn't go 'into autopilot' as quick as others.
Ive got an ibanez grx40 too.
Well i've been playing same time as you, and i had same problem. How much do you practice? i do not that much, perhaps around... an hour or two a day. some songs that might be good for you (depending upon your tastes) anything by RATM, particulary the first album, err seek and destroy is loads of fun to play and surpisingly easy. Muse, plug in baby. RHCP, Can't stop. Metallica enter sandman. hope that helps
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.

Quote by absinthe5765
Someone woke up on the wrong side of his mother this morning.

That's the problem, I don't think I practice...
I sit down (or stand up) and play the same songs I know over and over, then I attempt the things I can't do like the F2B or Stricken solo', but I don't do any exercises...
My Gear

Guitars:
- Ibanex GRX40
Amps:
- Roland Cube 60
- Fender Frontman 15R
Quote by Masterwork
but I don't do any exercises...

well then its pretty obvious that you shoudl find some good excercises and then practice them. simple stuff to work on finger speed and more complex stuff for ear training. you can pick up a little book filled with excercises in Borders or any good guitar shop. they're pretty cheap too.
Quote by Masterwork
That's the problem, I don't think I practice...
I sit down (or stand up) and play the same songs I know over and over, then I attempt the things I can't do like the F2B or Stricken solo', but I don't do any exercises...

haha bless ya, that exactly what i used to do! play simple stuff one minute, then say to yourself 'hey, i bet i could play the master of puppets solo'. the key for me was to finally make myself practice regular, setting aside certain times of the day. And then to focus on particular aspects of theory or a certain song until i nailed it perfectly. so in 2 months i went from knowing hardly anything to a whole host of songs, and to rhythm guitarist in a band! so try and set yourself a specific target that you think you can manage, and STICK AT IT!
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.

Quote by absinthe5765
Someone woke up on the wrong side of his mother this morning.

Thanks for all the comments!
Can you show me some good exercises? And how often should I practice the same exercises?
My Gear

Guitars:
- Ibanex GRX40
Amps:
- Roland Cube 60
- Fender Frontman 15R
bump
My Gear

Guitars:
- Ibanex GRX40