Does anyone know how John FRusciante gets such a Jimi-like distortion sound? He has in the solo for Dani California and the chorus of C'Mon girl and other Stadium Arcadium songs.
Last edited by electrcladyland at Sep 28, 2006,
fuzz pedal, dunlop original crybaby, and chorus effects
My Gear:
Dean Razorback (my baby)
Jackson DXMG Dinky
Jackson Slsmg Solost
Jackson Warrior
Bronze B.C. Rich Warlock
Line 6 Spider 210
Roland Cube
Dimebag Darrell Wah/Distortion
Boss GT-8
Quote by METSOAD
fuzz peel, wah wah and a wammy pedel, plus chorus and a bit of reverb

whammy pedal? i dont think he uses them in general.
and the wah is an Ibanez WH-10. the fuzz is EHX Big Muff, chorus is EHX Tube zipper.
strat player forever.
ACtually I have a Kustom (not meaning custom made the brand name) and I want to get it to sound like that. Should I wait until I've bought a tube amp to get a Ehx Big Muff or what? whammy pedal?
personally i hate kustoms. get a tube marshall when you can. by your username i can see you also like hendrix, a tube marshall is perfect for it.
strat player forever.
Quote by GuitarBoy-IL
personally i hate kustoms. get a tube marshall when you can. by your username i can see you also like hendrix, a tube marshall is perfect for it.

Not all of us can afford them.
There was a recent battle of the bands at my school, and one the guitarists brought his GenzBenz half stack for everyone to use. It had some very, very nice tone to it, even though he had it going through a Fender cab. Didn't need a fuzz pedal to get a Jimi sound (they did a cover of Hey Joe that was GREAT).
i read somewhere in the gear forum that frusciante only uses his big muff live. in studio he used a zvex fuzz factory. of course the price difference isnt anything to laugh at, so the big muff would probably work for you if you dont have a bunch of money to spend on a fuzz pedal.
Quote by hamett91
Not all of us can afford them.

that's why i said to get a tube when he can
strat player forever.
if he uses one of them, it's supposed to be the DS-2 because he wont regularly use the DS-1.
strat player forever.
Yea, I was gonna get a marshall35w, but someone else at the local guitar shop got it. How much do tube marshalls usually go for like a cheap under 200 dollar deal.
Quote by electrcladyland
Yea, I was gonna get a marshall35w, but someone else at the local guitar shop got it. How much do tube marshalls usually go for like a cheap under 200 dollar deal.

No.

The Marshall that you saw was probably an MG and it's probably good someone else got it. Tube Marshalls go for a lot more.
Yeah 250 is my limit so any other suggestions on an amp that would work with a big muff distortion box for a cheap price like 15 dollars a month or somethin
He uses a vintage Big Muff I thought? The new Big Muffs arent as good....but you can still get close.
Quote by electrcladyland
thanks guitarplayer got it

could you post what he uses on some songs? thanks.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
ive seen a DS-2 in his pedalboard. i suppose you could use a fuzz.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Don't bump old threads.
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje