Hey guys,

I recently obtained (ok, downloaded, but only because I couldn't find it in shops) the Jimi Hendrix CD First Rays of the New Rising Sun. It's basically a bunch of songs that were collected by his family members that he had written and recorded for a double album in the year of his death.
Google it for more info, I don't want to post a ton of links.

So I was just wondering, if you've heard it, what you thought of it.

Personally, I don't like it as much as the rest of his stuff, and he was definitely going in a different direction when he recorded it. Still, more Jimi is more Jimi, so I can't complain.
Makes you wonder what would've happened if he hadn't died though.

And, while I'm at it, I might as well ask:
Can anyone reccomend a good Jimi biography.
That'd be sweet. Thanks.
I like it, In from the storm is great.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Sure, that, and belly button window, as well as a few others, are stand out tracks. But compared with his previous albums, where I absolutely loved every song on the disc, this just wasn't the same. Still great though, don't get me wrong.

And do you know any good biographies fronk?
Theres one that came out not to long ago, cant remember the name though. Room full of mirrors maybe??
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
^Yeah, theres Room Full of Mirrors by Charles R Cross (the bloke who wrote Heavier then Heaven- the biography of Kurt Cobain that every teenager I know has on their shelf.)
Hey Baby (Land of the New Rising Sun), My Friend, Angel, Drifting, Room Full of Mirrors...

I think its a pretty damn good cd. I kinda like the new direction he was taking...
Its definitely not by favorite album by Jimi, but at the same time its still a great listen.

My favorite songs from the album are "Izabella" and "Beginnings", though I prefer the live versions of each (I adore the Band of Gypsys Live at the Fillmore version of "Izabella", and the Live at Woodstock version of "Beginnings").

There are many other good songs on the album, but like the thread starter mentioned, Jimi was going in a different direction, which at times I'm not too fond of.
Angel is one of the most beautiful songs by Hendrix or anyone for that matter.
Megan Fox nude!

Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE
There goes easy... easy rider!

One of my favourite Hendrix albums, I like a lot of the tracks on it, especially Isabella, Ezy Rider, Hey Baby, and Belly Button Window.

It's a completely new sound from him and yet it still captures me in the same way. "Jimi Hendrix - Live in Berkley" has a lot of the songs from that album in it.

And if you want a good biography, I say "Room Full Of Mirrors - Charles R. Cross" (as fronkpies said). It was hard for me to put the book down
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr